“Go”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Duomo
Description: DUE FRATELLINI was born in 1875 in the historical center of Florence. Since then, it has maintained the old tradition of preparing sandwiches , with top-quality Tuscan products combined with an excellent glass of wine. it's the proverbial hole-in-the-wall, a doorway about six feet deep with rows of wine bottles against the back wall behind the counter. The name means “little brothers” and behind the counter you will always find two guys . This hole-in-the-wall has been in business since 1875 , and since then continues this incredible family tradition". The ingredients of our sandwiches and our wines come from "small " Tuscan producers who share our passion and love for quality. Our winery has a history and traditions that have been passed on since 1875, we try to carry it on selecting the best products, such as Tuscan Ham, the "Finocchiona", Wild Boar Salami , Cured pork back fat , Pecorino "Cheese" or the one with truffle , GreenSauce, tuscan Roast pig and of course Tuscan bread.
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Second sandwhich here and just as good as the first. Perfect place to grab a beautful fresh sandwhich and at a reasonable price. Plus the bonus for me they do a lovely vegetarian sandwhich of pecorino cheese the freshest rocket and truffle, in italy it is often difficult to find a vegetarian option as good as the meat ones. They sell wine and beer which you can enjoy drinking with your food casually on the little cobbled street in the city centre.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,349)

Reviewed January 26, 2013

What a fantastic surprise. After walking from the hotel to find this place on the recommendation of a friend, my partner and I were not disappointed. The sandwiches were incredibly cheap, fresh and delicious. I enjoyed two and could have eaten there every day of our holiday if we could. The service was great and the crowd highlights how popular this place is. I would recommend it to anyone visiting Florence - one of the true treats!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

While walking through Florence I noticed a group of people huddled around a hole in a wall drinking wine and eating. I had to see what the fuss was all about and I am glad that I did. There is something undescribable about leaning against an ancient wall in an alleyway in Forence while sipping on a glass of Chianti and eating what I consider to be the best sandwich I have ever had.

Just moments after finishing my roast pork sandwich and glass of chianti I was already wanting more. For three Euro I got a sandwich and a glass of wine which had me craving I Fratellini for the remainder of our trip to Florence. In fact, I haven't stopped wanting more since. My first stop will be I Fratellini when I return to Florence. I've heard of other, similar places, but I can't imagine anything better. I'm adding this little hole in the wall to my list of life changing eateries.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

A must-try when you are in Florence! Our daughter was in Florence for a semester and took us there for lunch one day. Many locals and cheap as all get out. Nowhere to sit, really, but park yourself on the curb and enjoy! Great food!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

enjoy some freshly made sandwiches and good Tuscan wines for few euros.
it's the place to be, where locals go for their lunch break.......in Florence it's never too early for a glass of wine not too late.
Enjoy it