“A treat for the palate”

Haveli Indian Restaurant
Reserve with
Haveli Indian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 2,680 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Santa Maria Novella
“A treat for the palate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Everything that I ordered was very well prepared. The samosas were very delicious, although I was disappointed with the size. I think they were prepared with a dash of asafoetida, which gave it a very distinct flavor. I love butter chicken prepared with extra green chillies, and I asked the hotel staff to prepare it that way. I loved the outcome.... yummy... The mango lassi was quite thick and tasty.

• Visited April 2014
giotti_singh, Proprietario at Haveli Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
I'am very happy that you appreciated all our dishes! The samosas are prepared with ajwain seed this is one of the reasons of the distinct flavour.
I'am proud that you asked to your hotel to prepare butter chicken as we do and that you write that our mango lassi was thick and tasty.
We always do the best for our guests and when this is appreciated we are the happiest persons in the world.
I wait for you again in Haveli with a lot of others dishes to try!

• Arabic first
Indianapolis
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Great food- I got the tikka masala and loved it! Cozy atmosphere in the outdoor courtyard in the back.

Visited April 2014
Thanks a lot for your review I'm very happy that your experience in Haveli was so good.
Tikka masala was one of the favourite plates of our chef Cati.
I wait for you again as soon as possible in Florence and in Haveli.
Rubel Kaur
“great food and excellent hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

excellent resturant, very conveniently located. we went there for dinner, the food was really flavourful, and authentic; will definitely visit again. The staff was friendly and flexible with our requirements for spices. Gosht biryani, and murg makhan was to die for. we had rice pudding for desert, and that was excellent too. would love to go back.

MN
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

We had read plenty of positive reviews about this restaurant on the Tripadvisor website and wanted to try it out. The biggest issue we had with this place was the unwelcoming attitude, and, it appears to be directed at the Indian customers. They appeared to be extra friendly and charming with the locals but all we got was a cold shoulder......The service is poor, nobody came to ask us if the food was OK or if we needed anything else. The food is greasy, portions are small and the taste is just average. We were extremely disappointed with this restaurant and will not return here or even recommend to others.

• Visited April 2014
Excuse me we are so sorry that your experience in Haveli wasn't good. Maybe someone of our staff in this night wasn't in a good mood but this shouldn't happen.
We are extra friendly with all our guests not only with locals and we are indian how could we be rude with our people?
Excuse me again and if you decide to come back, your dinner is on the house!
Den Haag
“Great Indian food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

One of the most authentic Indian food experiences in Europe. We are vegetarians and were just too happy with the veggie options of food available there and the taste. No 2 curries have the same gravy (as in most Indian restaurants in EU) and they all taste splendid. The price I would say is on the lower side. It costed us 40 euros for a full 3 course vegetarian meal for two.

It's great food at great prices and an amazing host! Would recommend to anyone visiting Florence and looking to eat Great Indian food.

• Visited March 2014