“Best memories of Florence ,,,,,”

Haveli Indian Restaurant
Ranked #78 of 2,746 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Santa Maria Novella
Riyadh, Ar Riyad, Saudi Arabia
“Best memories of Florence ,,,,,”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Best food, best service, best of hospitality ..... Very happy write about haveli very good experience .....

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Radha_1975
giotti_singh, Proprietario at Haveli Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
You write "Best food, best service, best of hospitality "what i could say, thanks a lot and I wish for you the BEST!

• Arabic first
vientiene
“Shame about the Nan”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

.....As others have pointed out, the nan bread here is inexplicably about the size of a tea cup saucer. Why? The ingredients to make a big Nan must cost less than 10 cents. It just seems pig-headed, given how great the rest of the experience here is.

Likewise, the veg. mixed appetizer will leave you scratching your head at the small portion, given the care and skill that the food is made with.

I judge an indian restaurant by their bagan bartha (eggplant dish) and their's was as good as I've ever had. Up there with the Madjah Jaffrey version. If this restaurant were in my town, I'd eat there at least once a week.

Portions are small, but given the richness of the skillfully ghee-laden sauces, you won't leave hungry.

Maybe more of a 15 minute walk from the train station rather than the 5 minute walk the owner optimistically predicts.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank ken d
First thing, I'm very happy that except for the nan you had an incredible experience in Haveli. From your review, I really understand that you are a nice and intelligent person so I'm particularly interested in answering. We make nan in the normal size and in the traditional way, but for europian persons we are used to cut it in four pieces so this is the reason for which it seems like a tea cup saucer (very funny expression!).
Florence train station has two exits, you must exit from Via Alamanni and take Via Jacopo da Diacceto and from there is 5 minutes for me that I'm 120 kilograms.!
Thanks again and I wait for you again as soon as possible in Florence and in Haveli!
Toulouse, France
“Best Indian Food in italy”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Atlast got a good Indian hotel to eat with punjabi taste :)
Prefer all Indian to visit once for having a awesome Indian food.
We ate two times in a day as we like to taste all type of Indian food after long time with a good taste.

Visited November 2012
We are really happy that you had such a nice experience in Haveli that you decided to eat here twice in a day. We wait for you again in Florence and in Haveli for the third times,we have so many dishes to try!
Thanks a lot for your review!
California City, California
“Indian food in Florence”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

After eating incredible italian food for days - we really needed to something else to assuage our taste buds with some spicy food and Haveli didn't disappoint. The Chicken Vindaloo, naan and tadka daal were the off the charts! Amazing!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank SherrySans
Thanks for everything, your words are so nice that I'm really touched. We are proud to be an alternative of italian food and an indian corner in Florence!
Thanks again!
Singapore, Singapore
“I will go back just for the dilbhar gost!”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Amazing fingerlicking food! We are indians and eat indian food while travelling at times just for a change. But the food here was just out of the world. The dilbhar gost was so good that I will go there again just for this when we goto Florence again :)! Well the interior decor and serice is something I forgot to mention , not to miss that uts very affordable as well!

• Visited July 2012
Wow! Thanks so much for writing this review and particularly for this sentence " the food here was just out of the world"! Our dilbhar gost, as the others dishes, is cooked in the old indian way, with a lot of passion, maybe this is the reason for which you say that you'll come back to Florence just for this.
Thanks again I'll wait for you as soon as possible in Florence and in Haveli.