“Amazing place to eat”
Review of Fuor d'acqua

Fuor d'acqua
Reserve with
Fuor d'acqua is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #480 of 2,848 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santo Spirito / San Frediano
Reviewed March 4, 2013

So let's start with the basic facts. THIS IS NOT A CHEAP RESTAURANT. If you want to eat cheaply, do not go to this restaurant. However, it was amazing. The table was booked for us in advance by a business colleague who had informed the restaurant in advance of our likes and dislikes. Once we were seated, the owner, Alessio, came to welcome us and advised us that he was aware of our food requirements and reeled them off to us. I do not like raw fish whilst my colleague is not a fan of shellfish. So the dishes came with separate food for both of us with some sharing dishes too. It seemed like the food would not stop coming to the table so in the end I had to tell the waiter to stop bringing food. I think the trick is not to eat everything on your plate otherwise they just keep bringing more. Champagne on arrival with a lovely red wine through dinner followed by a lovely alcoholic smoothy at the end. The bill arrived un-itemised which reading other reviews is standard for this restaurant, so as long as you enter expecting to pay about 100 Euro's per head you will not be dissapointed. Fortunately I was on expenses so will not be picking up the tab, but I would go back anyway even if I was. A real dining experience with great service and amazing food. Well done.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The fish and seafood is amazing.
The service is good.
The place is nice.
I love specially the started that contains a mix of fresh seafood...

Reviewed February 22, 2013

The only thing, if you are visiting this restaurant for the first time, do not try to choose the dishes, trust the stuff and take the set menu, and you will be satisfied completely.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have been to Fuor d'acqua on more then one occasion and it's by far one of the best fish restaurants I have ever been too.
Very nice restaurant and very friendly and helpful waiters.
Just a fantastic place.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We were directed to this restaurant by the driver that we had hired for 3 days in Tuscany. He made the reservation for 8:30, because we had an early train the next day, but he would have liked for us to wait until 9. We took a cab to the restaurant from our hotel and it is not right in the center of Florence. The fresh catch was just arriving when we got there. There really isn't a menu. The manager asked what types of seafood that we liked and then they basically brought us food. We had 4 courses of appetizers, a pasta course and then a second main course. The meal took quite a long time and was fairly expensive. The restaurant was nearly empty when we arrived, but filled quickly and was packed with Florentines. We were unable to wait for the dessert course due to time constraints and were sorry to miss it. The food was spectacular. My husband and I live on the Gulf of Mexico and are accustomed to very fresh seafood. This meal was, bar none, the best seafood meal that we have ever had. Our group was 2 couples. We had dinner, three bottles of wine and the bill was approx. 500 Euros. For the quality of the food it was a bargain. I can't say enough about this restaurant. You must make a reservation and you should try and go on an evening when you have plenty of time.