“Authentic Italian dining experience”
Review of Cammillo Trattoria

Cammillo Trattoria
Ranked #305 of 2,763 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Pitti
Vancouver, Canada
“Authentic Italian dining experience”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

By chance we strolled by Cammillo Trattoria one evening when we were ready to dine, and were lucky enough to get an unreserved table immediately. The atmosphere is lively and casual, both local and tourist, spread over several small rooms, which attracted us when we walked by. Our meals were simple and perfectly prepared, service prompt and efficient. Highly recommended.

• Serbian first
Melbourne, Australia
“delightful meal”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I were staying in the apartment above this restaurant and it was recommended to us by the owner of the apartment along with others in the area.We were walking past on a Sunday evening and they were turning many people away.We were told we could get a table if we came back at 9.30.It is crowded and noisy so dont go here if you want a quiet intiment dinner,but if you want good food and a relazed environment it is very good.We both had pasta and a desert.I had the rabbit pasta and it was delicious and tirimasu,which was very creamy but good.We returned 2 nights later.We both had a starter,my husband had the anchovies and said they were the best he had ever had.We shared a steak,which was tender and cooked just right.I had the raspberry tart and my husband had biscuits that you dip in strong alcohol.Both Yummy.We shared a bottle of wine on the first night and a half litre of house wine on the second.Both nights the bill was around 80 euro.Oh the owner very proudly got us to try a sample of her peach pie.
We left very happy

Toronto, Canada
“My favorite meal in Italy!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Everything about my experience at Cammillo Trattoria was fantastic. I had read no reviews of the restaurant. I simply walked by in the middle of the day and the hand written menu pinned to the wall piqued my interest. My friends and I came back in the evening (around 10pm) and had one of our best nights in Italy. Our waiter was lovely - clearly he had worked there for a LONG time. We were seated near the kitchen and had some lovely banter with the chefs. We asked him to just bring us what he thought we should ate and eat we did! Delicious. Everything. From the squash blossoms all the way through the fresh berry dessert. And after consuming a few (!) bottles of wine with dinner he graciously suggested we take one more for the road - he uncorked it for us and slipped it into one of our handbags. We left full and happy and sat on the wall of the Santa Trinita and drank our takeout bottle of wine! Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“A perfect old school dining experience in Florence”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

A wonderful night. We walked by this place the night before and switched some things around because we were so intrigued by the happy atmosphere spilling onto the street. We were lucky enough to get a reservation and the experience did not disappoint. The room is crowded with locals and tourists and it has great energy. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable and had the perfect touch. Both of our pastas were a perfect al dente and clearly made in house. The beef carpaccio was fresh and tender and both the fried cauliflower and zucchini were light and crisp The rustic desserts were like eating in an Italian grandmother's kitchen. In fact the friendly proprietor insisted we try a taste of the chocolate torte we missed as we were on our way out the door. She expressed real pride in this restaurant started by her grandfather 50+ years ago. That pride is well placed as our experience was exceptional.

1 Thank lplawson
Florida
“Cooking class....Wow, great experience!!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We took a cooking class here arranged by our guide. I do not know if this is offered on a regular basis, but if so, do take it even at 100 euros per person. We had the best cooking class I have ever taken. ( I have taken 5-6, 2 in Italy before and none can compare.) We prepared 4 dishes
and had 2 "secret" desserts. The food and company was great! Five hours passed very quickly. If you cannot take the class, be sure to just eat here.....definitely worth it.

• Visited May 2013