“my favorite outside bar/cafe in Florence”
Review of Caffe Rivoire

Caffe Rivoire
Ranked #42 of 127 Coffee & Tea in Florence
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Giovanni
Reviewed October 17, 2017

Went there 3 times over 4 days just to enjoy an end-of-the-day drink and relax. Nice waiter, vast choice of whatever you'd like (the white wine is very nice). Faces the town hall so lots of people watching. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: September 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (1,781)

Reviewed October 13, 2017

My parents and I recently visited Florence and stayed just off the Piazza della Signoria for a week. Almost everyday, we popped into Caffe Rivoire because of its great location and convenience to our apartment. We consistently experienced the most wonderful cappuccino and espresso, a huge assortment of delicious pastries, and creative lunch options which we enjoyed very much. Best of all, the expertly prepared chocolates and sweets are amazing. I regret I only left with one box. The staff was helpful and always made us feel welcome, plus the view of this beautiful Piazza can not be beat. A special thank you from my family to our new friends at Caffe Rivoire. My next trip to Florence, I will definitely be back.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

Had a pleasant experience at this place this morning. Location can’t be beat when visiting the Ifizzi and the Palazzo Vecchio. Good average fare and service. Good people watching location.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed October 12, 2017

Great place for coffee and a pastry while looking at the Piazza Signoria, sculptures and other people. Good service and good food (deserts and sandwiches).

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed October 7, 2017

Stopped for dessert and tried three - chocolate truffle, creme rule, cheesecake - all were excellent! The location in the Piazza della Signoria is excellent for watching people and viewing wonderful statues. Certainly over priced (35 euros for three desserts and 2 glasses of wine) but enjoyable.The place was so busy we had to wait for 20 minutes before the winter came over but if you're not in a hurry the desserts are incredible.

Date of visit: September 2017