“The Cafe in Downtown Florence”
Review of Caffe Gilli

Caffe Gilli
Ranked #589 of 2,751 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: $47 - $1,165
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Duomo
Mass
“The Cafe in Downtown Florence”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I love coffee (roast our own etc.). We were on a mission for a great cappuccino and we found it here. The pastries and chocolates are outstanding as is the lunch. We also had some pre-dinner aperitifs here and found the service and food to be wonderful whether we stood at the espresso bar or ringside of the piazza. Yes, it is expensive but this is Florence and everything is expensive so you might as well get the best for your money!

• Visited September 2013

• Turkish first
mumbai
“Sweet Temptations”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I was wandering down the street when I came upon thes most gorgeous display of sweets that seemed to beckon " Eat Me". A closer look and I found myself inside an iconic cafe that served coffees and teas as well. I discovered later that it was an old cafe, a true Florentine and worth a visit when relaxing in the Piazza Republicca. A bit pricey but worth it.

Visited October 2013
“Definitively overpriced”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

It has a great location but you pay for it. I took a salad and a sorbet there. Food was ok, service was average. A bit of a tourist trap. I wouldn't recommend it.

1 Thank maminostos
Vancouver, Canada
“Popular place....but i thought it was a waste of time”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

The staff seemed pleasant enough but we're very slow in attending to requests. The food was substandard and the value ridiculous. You would be better off paying a slightly higher price at the café at the Savoy just across the road. Gilli was complete waste of time for me. But, still, I have to admit it is full. Some people obviously like it...they must be doing something right...it is just that I can't see it...

• Visited October 2013
Stamford, Connecticut
“Warm meal on a rainy day!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Three of us stopped here for lunch on a very rainy afternoon. It was a lovely spot on the square and we were able to eat outside with beautiful awnings and heaters. Food was delicious and the cocktails best in Florence. Our waiter spoke beautiful English and made wonderful suggestions. The lemon chicken was exquisite. The spinach was cooked perfectly and the French fries hot and crispy... Warm meal for a nasty day. Save room for dessert...the gelato trio could feed six! We had no trouble finishing every bit. Worth every penny...

• Visited October 2013