“Really good!”
Review of Baldovino Bistrot

Baldovino Bistrot
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Baldovino Bistrot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #402 of 2,951 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Croce
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Located near, a few steps from Santa Crocce church. We were looking for Il Fratelli, but since it was closed, we went to Baldovino. It was closest restorant and it was started to rain. We were so lucky. It was just what we were looking for. Nice, small restaurant, with seasonal menu. Open kitchen too. I went for meatballs in tomato sauce, wife ordered pasta with chery tomatoes, rucola and riccota. Pizza for daughter. And it was excellent pizza with mozzarella and fresh tomato sauce. Not frozen junk pizza that is commonly served. One portion of frencf fries. Just in case :-) . We finished with chocolate cake. Highly recommended! Go for small grilled free-range chicken& fried zuccini flowers! Woman next to us have that and it looked fantastic. I also like the athmosphere; small tables close to each other. Prices are very reasonable for food and drinks. They do charge 2€ for serving per person, but we didn't care. Definitely a place to return to!

Reviewed May 3, 2012

This place is near the Santa Croce Church and square. It is on a quiet, non-touristy street. Not fancy. Not terribly pricey. Just really good food and very good service. One of my favorite places during a 2 1/2 week tour of Italy.

Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

One word. Amazing! The food was fantastic. Great atmosphere. A friend recommended this to me. I wanted a non-touristy place to dine. Perfect! I don't usually like to return to a restaurant when I'm traveling so that I can experience new things. I would most definitely go back to this one. I highly recommend eating here. Lasagna was magnificent and so was the vino.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

We stayed in Florence 6 days and 5 nights and each night we dined at Baldevino's. They offer an
excellent variety of mouth watering food with excellent service for a VERY reasonable price. Despite our hotel being at the other side of the city centre, our nightly visits to Baldevino's gave us the perfect end to each day.
Baldevino's is at the side of and at the rear of Santa Croce church which holds the tombs of Michelangelo Galileo Machiavelli and Rossini - well worth a visit .

Reviewed April 18, 2012

I was caught in a thunderstorm in Florence one afternoon and decided to wait it out in the first restaurant that I saw. Luckily, Baldovino was that restaurant! The staff were so friendly and happy, it was charming. The food was good, particularly the dessert (I let them select it for me and they definitely didn't steer me wrong). Very nice place. The staff is what did it for me. Genuinely wonderful, warm people. I will be back next time I'm in Firenze!