“Who gave them 3 stars? For what? Please can someone get back to me and explain????”
Review of Enoteca Pinchiorri

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Croce
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This will be very bad.
The ambiance was stiff, reserved, cold. Nothing felt personal , true, genuine.
The water menu massive.... But wait until you get to see the wine prices and the wine encyclopedia. The wine prices are humongous , ridiculous.
As of the champagne .. Well lets have a cristal for 75 at least that glass was worth it.
But this is about great food here and this 3 star is Very disappointing. If I didn't keep the bill I would not remember what I ate as I hoped for a hammer to hit me in a 3star !!! Sadly the bill contains the name of the menu only. The main was great but not new. The starters were just not original at all. Not once did I feel mmmmmmmmm. One wants to dive in a great meal. I tried not to drown in frustration. As of the traditional menu I wouldn't remember a single meal that has hit my senses, my imagination, my memory folder... One deserves to eat something that one cannot imagine being a composition.. I think ( and I have cooled down 3 weeks ) that the chef tastes to much of her husbands wine and has not seen her kitchen in a while.
On top when that swinging and colorful bird enters the room one is a bit scared she just might fall on one of her sides. I wish the bread had been great, but even that was ok.

It's not ok to waste time money and to expect and be disappointed.

It's a shame someone gave this place 3 stars. I am not sure I would give them 1.

We praise the great chefs because they welcome us and share with us their passion, imagination, exploration and we feel welcomed, we dream of a dish, we tell friends about it. We love to remember being part of the guests who got to try amazing delicious food.

Something went very very wrong in this place. I was ashamed in front of my guest.
That is not right.

3  Thank unikat77
Write a ReviewReviews (1,219)

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We read about it and tried it.

When we arrived, we were greeted by about 30 staff (why so many ?) on our way up to the 3rd floor.
Service was really top notch, but maybe a bit too stiff. Food was really good, though we have dined in many better restaurants. The wine list was impressive, supposedly the biggest in the world, if not the most expensive. Our sommerlier recommended though a great bottle at the lower end of the wine menu (Eur 250).
Presentation of food was beautiful and creative.
We were 3 adults and 2 kids and the total tab was EUR 1200 (not inlcuding tips), so it was the definitely steep.
Would recommend it for a one in life time experience. Was good but not to be repeated.

1  Thank Fong Choo S
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This review first in English then in Dutch.

A great restaurant, obviously. But the price / quality ratio is a total deception. Yes, the atmosphere is magnificent, romantic. The service is perfect. But for a 3-star Michelin one may expect -food-wise- the unexpected, the exquisite, the very special, and that -unfortunately- it was not. A previous 3-star Michelin experience (Michel Bras - France) was completely different. Pricy, of course, but worth every penny. And that was half (!) of Pinchiorri. The first wine-arrangement is EUR 200 pp which makes, for 4 glasses, EUR 50 per glass. The wine was definitely good, but not for these prices.
Our conclusion: it lacks the 3-star sublimeness while charging the maximum.

Een uitstekend restaurant, dat staat buiten kijf. Maar de prijs/kwaliteit verhouding is volkomen scheef. Ja, de sfeer is schitterend, romantisch. De service perfect. Maar voor een 3-sterren Michelin verwacht je qua eten het onverwachte, het exquise, het zeer bijzondere en dat was het niet. Een eerdere ervaring in een ander 3-sterren restaurant (Michel Bras - Frankrijk) was compleet anders. Prijzig, logisch, maar elke cent waard. En dat was de helft (!) van Pinchiorri. Het eerste wijnarrangement is EUR 200 p.p. en voor 4 glazen maakt dat EUR 50 per glas. De wijn was beslist lekker, maar deze verhouding is compleet zoek.
Onze conclusie: het 3-sterren sublieme ontbreekt terwijl wel de maximale prijs wordt berekend.

2  Thank Mark-Almere
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Our first night in Florence and dinner at the Enoteca Pinchiorri..totally unprepared, dressed as most tourist do we entered this beautiful restaurant with a bit of hesitation, which disappeared as soon were given a warm welcome by the staff. The ambience was elegant BUT the food WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD !!!!!!! flavors that tickled our palates and aromas that lingered in our senses.... a heady dinning experience!
Annie Féolde Pinchiorri visited our table more than once to see if we were satisfied with the food and service.....no brainer !!! We were more than satisfied...we were very happy people !!!!!

1  Thank kosara61
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We visited for an anniversary dinner, fully aware that we would be paying premium fare, as we could expect from any other 3 michelin star restaurant. Yet we still came away with the feeling we had been truly and thoroughly fleeced.
The service throughout was impeccable and the maitre'd is particularly charming. The setting in the main dining room, whilst formal, is pleasant.
Within the first 2 minutes of sitting down, I was presented with a water menu. Yes, water menu. Fair enough, I initially thought, as some people (though clearly not myself) may lend some importance as to whether they are served acqua panna, fiji, or voss...... My attempt to justify was shortlived, however, as I opened the menu to reveal a price range of 15-25 euro. We went for a mid-range 20 euro bottle (when in rome....) which surpassed the price of my (incredible) starter at another michelin starred restaurant in the same city the following day.
The winelist, whilst extensive, is absurdly priced (along with everything else). As an example, entry level prices stood at >150 euro for Cloudy Bay!! A 5x markup as a minimum on the majority of wines borders on absurdity. We went for a Tuscan wine priced at 270 euro, and available from merchants for 80 euro - this was one of the tightest markups on a decent wine that I could find on the list - you may well have better luck yourself.
On to the most important aspect, the food itself. This was very good, but undeserving of reputation or the 3 michelin stars in my humble opinion. We opted out of the taster menu, which may have been an error, however, in a 3 michelin star restaurant, the concept of ordering the wrong dishes should not really exist. I had the baby pork for main, which was quite dry and overcooked. My other half had lobster, which was undercooked. Aside from the service, the desert was the only redeeming factor of the meal. This was truly superb and fully deserving of 3 stars.
The bill for two people and excluding our 270 euro bottle of wine came to >600 euro. This is at the very least 50% (100% in some cases) more than any other 3 michelin star restaurant I have visited, and unfortunately, completely unjustifiable based on the quality of the meal.
I cannot imagine this restaurant sees any repeat business whatsoever, and simply relies on unsuspecting tourist flow (there were no Italians dining when we visited). I would be inclined to give a "poor" rating but the excellent service and dessert elevate to "average".

2  Thank N T