Hotel Silla
$381
$374
$254
1,476 results
All reviewsacross the riverponte vecchiogreat locationlovely terraceshort walkwithin walking distancequiet sidean easy walkquiet neighborhoodlovely hotelrestaurants and barspitti palacethe hotel staffhotel is locatedpastriesuffizi galleryspacious room
Reviewed June 13, 2014

My wife & I spent three nights at this property last month and it proved to be a great choice. We wanted to be within easy walking distance of central Florence but away from the bulk of the tourist crowds. This property across the Arno near the Ponte alle Grazie served as a convenient base for us at a most reasonable price point.
We opted for a "Superior Room" that was easily arranged via e-mail communications directly with the hotel. Check in was seamless and we were in room #37 which is on the back of the hotel. As other reviewers have noted there are no "great views" from the rooms on the back of the hotel but our room was quiet throughout our stay.
Room #37 was spotless with everything(including the A/C) was in good working order. The bedroom was large with ample storage space and comfortable beds. The bathroom was of good size and had a tub and an excellent working shower. One had to step up to get into the bath/shower which might be of some concern to guests who have mobility issues. My wife thought that the wi-fi in the room was easy to access. Our room was serviced seamlessly each day while we were out exploring Florence.
The hotel is on the second floor of the building that one enters through a pleasant courtyard. The front desk staff without exception was most helpful throughout our stay. There is a laptop in the lobby and three laptops in the bar area that guests can use. I never had to wait to use one of these laptops to access my e-mails throughout my stay.
Breakfast was included in our room rate and we both felt that the breakfast area was clean and well maintained and that the breakfast selections were excellent. We opted to eat breakfast on the front terrace on the two mornings that it wasn't raining and this was a most pleasant place to start the day off.
My wife and I were most impressed by all the staff people that we interacted with during our stay. Everyone at the front desk was fluent in English and attentive throughout.
If you want to stay a reasonable walking distance away from the major sites in Florence at a most reasonable room rate then Hotel Silla is an excellent choice.

Room Tip: My wife and I thought that paying a bit more for a "Superior Room" and staying at the back of the hotel which was very quiet were good choices for us.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MobileResident
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We recently stayed for three nights at the Hotel Silla. We were welcomed by friendly staff, our room, "Superior Type" was clean, fully equipped (Including tea & coffee making facilities) and finished to ahigh standard. (We were at the back of the Hotel so our "view" was limited but after all you come to Florence for the history which is all around you so this minor blemish was inconsequential). Breakfast was a joy, taken outside with food so typical of a continental 3* hotel. The hotel itself is within easy walking distance of the centre of Florence and as an added treat afternoon tea and cakes were provided by the hotel as a complimentary gesture which was well received after walking round the sights within Florence. From start to end it was a joy .

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2014

This was a real find. Nice to be away from the center of Florence, but so convenient. The rooms and the breakfast//terrace amenities were great, but the staff of this Hotel are the real selling point for this location. So helpful, professional and highly amusing while addressing any issue immediately. The reception and terrace staff are exceptional.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the tub, just for the pleasure of a long soak after a day of touring.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank chrisalice1048
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I spent a week here and it was way too short thanks to the wonderful staff, especially Claudio and Stefano at reception and hard working, cheerful Laura in the breakfast room. They were all professional, friendly, and amazingly helpful including the nameless other employees we encountered. My room was fantastic with an incredible view over the river. The air con worked well. The room was impeccable, spacious, and we'll-appointed. The neighborhood was perfect. It was quiet, yet very close to all the major attractions. I have run out of positive adjectives to describe my wonderful experience at Hotel Silla. Mille grazie a tutti! If I return to Florence, I couldn't possibly stay anywhere else. One more thing, the pricing is extremely reasonable considering all you get.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank pazzarella
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Couldn't have been more happy with hotel. Forgot to make reservations to see David and they worked their magic and got us in. They also let me in early for breakfast when I had to catch a tour. Had everything you need and great location on the river. Wish we had more time to spend there and would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends