“Good choice”
Review of Hotel Silla

Hotel Silla
Ranked #57 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Silla for one night in March 2013. Not all Florence hotels will allow you to book for 1 night only so I was glad to find this hotel. Good location, on the river and close to the centre but not too close. I had a room looking out over the river and city - lovely at night. Friendly staff. Free wi-fi. Room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Mosspiglet
Write a ReviewReviews (1,410)

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Silla when it was still the Pension Silla over forty years ago when travelling as a college student and again in my early twenties as a young married. I was fortunate to be able to stay at the Hotel Silla earlier this year and was pleased to see that it had retained the charm and personal service of the past while providing more rooms and parking. The hotel is set off the street by a charming courtyard making it a quiet oasis in the middle of one of the world's most beautiful cities. The staff are as friendly and helpful as ever, the rooms comfortable and the location cannot be beaten. I would stay here again and would highly recommend this lovely hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mnannini
hotelsilla, Owner at Hotel Silla, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

This is a lovely review, thank you!
It is a pleasure to see you liked us through the years, that you keep coming back and that you are recommending us.
Thank you for mentioning our staff, they work hard to help our guests and your review is very much appreciated.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Very clean room, spacious. Even had a small single bed in addition to the big double. Quiet too! The usual Italian breakfast buffet. Enjoyed the friendly staff and easy access to museos, Vecchio etc. I will recommend to friends. Easy booking too.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing this review!
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked your room.
I hope to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Just came back from a week stay in Silla Hotel. I stayed there with my mother and 2 small kids.
Room was perfect. Spacious so that my smallies could play on the floor. Very clean. We got a travel cot and safety guard for kids,so I didn't have to worry that they would fall off the bed.
There is a small fridge which is great.
Staff could not be nicer, everything was "no problem" for them.
Hotel has a great location,just few minutes walk from city centre and there's no pubs or clubs around so it's very quiet. Florence is an amazing place and I would definitely recommend this hotel to stay in.
Thank you for a great stay.

Room Tip: Just tell the staff what you need and they will do their best.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
hotelsilla, Owner at Hotel Silla, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review! And for your comments on the cleanliness and on our staff.
Kids are always welcome here at Hotel Silla and I hope they enjoyed their staying as much as you.

We hope to see you soon again here in Florence!

Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are very nice, the breakfast was above average (compared tk other hotels we stayed at), the staff was GREAT, and the location was perfect! I would definitely recommend staying there! We would definitely stay here again (writing this as we are checkin out). ;)

2  Thank Brenda C
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

For us this hotel was in a great location just across the river from the main attractions. The staff could not have been more helpful and it was a very comfortable stay. It was particularly pleasant having the excellent breakfast on the terrace, or a few relaxing beers after a hard days sightseeing. Recommended.

1  Thank theoctogenarian
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and it was fantastic! The room was spacious and comfortable and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was excellent, a 5 minute walk into the centre of the city over the ponte vecchio. Breakfast was included and was adequate. We had the special rate of €44 a night due to construction being done on the hotel. Given that we were never in the hotel during the day this wasn't a problem and we still had a great view!

• Stayed: January 2013