“Clean, affordable hotel in great location to walk city and drive out for day excursions.”
Review of Silla Hotel

Silla Hotel
Ranked #68 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Berlin, Connecticut
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We spent 4 nights at Hotel Silla. In early July. The hotel is located close enough to the key attractions in the city to walk yet on the edge of the city enough to have easy access to drive out for day excursions. Hotel staff is very accommodating and the room was clean, comfortable, and cool enough for the July temperatures. Parking a car is an extra cost and is limited but workable. Never had any issues getting access to car to come and go at any time. Breakfast was good each morning and available in a nice outdoor patio setting. Would stay again at Hotel Silla.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brad33716

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Houston
Reviewed July 5, 2012

When we arrived at the hotel to check in they had a problem with our room so they put us up in a lovely, spacious apartment a few blocks away. Daniella was there to help with any and all questions we had and made appointments for us at the museums so we could go to head of the long lines. We enjoyed the bountiful breakfast on the hotel patio. Great staff, location and service. The hotel is right on the Arno and minutes walk away from Ponte Vecchio and all the great Florence sights.Terrific value.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HoustonRebecca
Wisconsin
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This hotel, which has an entrance in the courtyard of a very old villa, was easy to find and in an excellent location for exploring everything on foot. Only 10 minutes up the hill to the Piazalle Michaelangelo, and the even more impressive San Miniato. Lots of great little restaurants around the hotel, and close to the top-rated gelato place in Florence, the Cantina del Gelato.

We came into town from Rome, and the hotel confirmed our reservation prior to our arrival in Florence. However, the had us confirmed for 4 instead of 5. I pointed out that we still were planning to stay there; however, we had five people, as stated in my original reservation. They reconfirmed the room for five immediately, and to accommodate that change, they actually put us up in a small apartment adjacent to the hotel in the courtyard for the same price at which we were confirmed for the family room.

Our sons thought this apartment was the best thing ever. Although simply furnished, it was very clean, and had a small washing machine, which was VERY welcome at this point in our travels. The boys slept on a pull-out couch and chair in a room with its own tv, so they got a good dose of Italian futbol in the afternoons, which was when we usually came back for awhile to get a break from the heat.

There is a small park out front of this hotel, and I would imagine you could see right to the river in the winter when the trees aren't leafed out. The continental breakfast was lovely on the outdoor patio, and the waitstaff was extremely helpful and accommodating. We really liked this hotel's location. Florence is very easy to see on foot; having just come from Rome, we were pleasantly surprised at how compact the city center was.

Be sure to make the effort to go up the hill and steps behind the hotel to see the city from Piazza Michaelangelo and San Miniato. Best seen early in the morning, or at nightfall. Beautiful!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Roamingtheworld
Paris, France
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The hotel is in a charming Renaissance-style building that has recently been renovated, and there are some rooms that look over the street with a beautiful view toward the Arno.
The facilities are modern and everything is very clean, and the friendly staff speak English and are also willing to speak Italian with you if you like.
The location is perfect; it's on a quite street with an excellent "forno" nearby, easy walking distance to the Uffizi and the Ponte Vecchio and a bus stop, toward the center, the fabulous Piazzale Michelangelo above that looks out over the entire city, and also a yoga studio nearby.
Rooms can be cheap if you book in advance, but prices tend to go up at the last minute. I believe this place has been mentioned by Rick Steves in addition to renovating recently, so I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes more expensive.
A very quiet and calm location that allowed me a rejuvenating trip.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Tom R
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This is a little gem in a great location for visiting/walking Florence. All the major tourist sites are within a 15 minute walk while the location on the banks of the Arno is quieter and away from the crowds. Comfortably elegant, this hotel is a 15th century building with a good conversion for modern living. Helpful staff, comfortable accommodation and a great patio for breakfast. We were there for three nights and enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: While you may want a view of the river, the rooms to the back of the hotel are charming and overlook...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I had booked a double room as I like big space with a view but when I arrived I was given a tiny single room with a lousy window view (kept curtains closed) and when I queried I was given the option of taking it at 40 euros less than the price of the other room. I decided to leave it at that as I was there for one night. Having said that I found the room to be more than adequate for my needs clean crisp sheets nice hard bed and did not mind at all showering within a shower curatin that separated the basin and toilet/bidet(yes it was that tiny!) . After all it was only just me !
I ate my dinner takeways outside on the patio for the ambience, and was given a cappuccino (at no extra cost) at my request. Nothing was too much trouble with the hotel staff - Massimo answered and handled all my queries . He was just wonderful. Had a good night sleep and the breakfast was good - lots options including boiling your own eggs.
If I had stayed longer I would have insisted on the double room with a view and I will do so shoudl I come to florence again and yes I would stay in this hotel again. I was very impressed with staff and the location was just excellent a mere few minutes walk to the heart of Florence. I recommend it as long you make it clear what kind of room /view you like. They will surely accomodate you.

Room Tip: be very clear you want a big room with a good view if you are a couple and there for a few nights
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank FedBatz
vancouver
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Lovely hotel, in an excellent location on the Oltarno side (much quieter than the Duomo side). Staff very charming and helpful; great breakfast on a beautiful terrace. Room amazing for the price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends