“excellent experience”
Review of Hotel Silla

Hotel Silla
Ranked #63 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The hotel is in a charming Renaissance-style building that has recently been renovated, and there are some rooms that look over the street with a beautiful view toward the Arno.
The facilities are modern and everything is very clean, and the friendly staff speak English and are also willing to speak Italian with you if you like.
The location is perfect; it's on a quite street with an excellent "forno" nearby, easy walking distance to the Uffizi and the Ponte Vecchio and a bus stop, toward the center, the fabulous Piazzale Michelangelo above that looks out over the entire city, and also a yoga studio nearby.
Rooms can be cheap if you book in advance, but prices tend to go up at the last minute. I believe this place has been mentioned by Rick Steves in addition to renovating recently, so I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes more expensive.
A very quiet and calm location that allowed me a rejuvenating trip.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Tom R

Reviewed July 3, 2012

This is a little gem in a great location for visiting/walking Florence. All the major tourist sites are within a 15 minute walk while the location on the banks of the Arno is quieter and away from the crowds. Comfortably elegant, this hotel is a 15th century building with a good conversion for modern living. Helpful staff, comfortable accommodation and a great patio for breakfast. We were there for three nights and enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: While you may want a view of the river, the rooms to the back of the hotel are charming and overlook...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I had booked a double room as I like big space with a view but when I arrived I was given a tiny single room with a lousy window view (kept curtains closed) and when I queried I was given the option of taking it at 40 euros less than the price of the other room. I decided to leave it at that as I was there for one night. Having said that I found the room to be more than adequate for my needs clean crisp sheets nice hard bed and did not mind at all showering within a shower curatin that separated the basin and toilet/bidet(yes it was that tiny!) . After all it was only just me !
I ate my dinner takeways outside on the patio for the ambience, and was given a cappuccino (at no extra cost) at my request. Nothing was too much trouble with the hotel staff - Massimo answered and handled all my queries . He was just wonderful. Had a good night sleep and the breakfast was good - lots options including boiling your own eggs.
If I had stayed longer I would have insisted on the double room with a view and I will do so shoudl I come to florence again and yes I would stay in this hotel again. I was very impressed with staff and the location was just excellent a mere few minutes walk to the heart of Florence. I recommend it as long you make it clear what kind of room /view you like. They will surely accomodate you.

Room Tip: be very clear you want a big room with a good view if you are a couple and there for a few nights
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank FedBatz
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Lovely hotel, in an excellent location on the Oltarno side (much quieter than the Duomo side). Staff very charming and helpful; great breakfast on a beautiful terrace. Room amazing for the price.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Silla Hotel was very conveniently located. It made for a great home base as we explored Florence. The room was very clean, and the breakfast was quite adequate.

The staff was very pleasant and friendly. We emailed the hotel several weeks before our visit and asked the staff to make reservations for us at the Uffizzi and the Accademia, and Massimo did this for us at no extra charge. Having those reservations saved us a lot of time.

The hotel is also just steps away from some delicious gelato at the Il Gelato di Filo (Via San Miniato 5 red).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank elainegw
Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

The Hotel is 5 min walk to Ponte Vecchio and Uffizzi Gallery ( If you want to visit the Uffizzi I strongly advice to prebook your tickets online) 10 min walk to the Duomo (city centre) Overall the hotel is Very Cleaned and the staff very helpful, we were recommended a very good restaurant "Celestino" near Ponte Vecchio I had Florentine Steak (Bistecca Fiorentina) which was delicious.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I had a great time my week there just passed and was sorry to leave. The multilingual staff is friendly, cheerful, and I watched them deal with special requests swiftly and charmingly. The WiFi was a bit wonky and they persisted in getting it right, and I was grateful. Breakfasts are simple continental (not German continental) and the wall of jasmine on the terrace makes for a lovely aroma and atmosphere. You cannot see the Arno from the terrace when the trees in the little park opposite are leafed out, but I didn't mind because that muffled road noise from the Lungarno. My room was big and the bed comfortable, ditto the pillows. There isn't much counter space in the bathrooms, but that's not a major problem in my book. BTW, the nearby Ciesa San Niccolo has an amazing Crucifux, and Zeb Gastronomia also nearby is a brilliant place for lunch or dinner. Cabs always came within minutes, and it was delightful to be away from the hurlyburly of central Florence with its hordes of tourists and narrow streets.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo