My husband and i stayed for 8 nights in early sept, we felt Eden rock provided the perfect combination for a relaxing city break for our first visit to Tuscany. We spent our days enjoying the sun by the pool or admiring the views from our balcony. Late afternoon/early evening we would head into florence via the bus to enjoy great food and the beautiful architecture. Being near to florence the location is great for day trips to explore other areas in Tuscany (train to Pisa and a lovely day in chianti recommended by the hotel with under the Tuscan sun tours).
- Lovely views/setting in the hills looking out over Florence
- Pool area for relaxing and sunbathing (towels provided) it would be helpful to have a few freestanding parasols but there is plenty of shade options under trees.
- Hotel concierge and reception service is first class with a friendly welcome from Walter and excellent friendly service and advise always from both Walter and Daniele.
- Rooms are very large with good facilities, we were in room 201 with separate living/kitchen area inc a fridge, coffee machine, 2 ring hob and dishwasher.
- Lovely large balconies to enjoy pre dinner drinks.
- Small resort just 12 rooms making it friendly and relaxed (often feels like you are the only person in the resort) with a mixture of guests from all nationalities.
- Music by the pool and bar area.
- Room style is more functional vs stylish, also not new but is well maintained.
- Restaurant - good as a breakfast and lunch option but after day 4, breakfast gets a little boring. For dinner although the menu has lots of options it seems a waste not to go into Florence but nice to have as an option. service was always friendly and efficient especially at breakfast.
-The bus great value and easy with advise provided by Daniele and walter, when you get your bearings.
- Noise from the road it's single track but as it's on a steep hill you can hear cars/buses most of the day by the pool and on your balcony although you can't really see the road as it is well hidden by trees.
- Drainage smell usually in the evenings which I think is linked to the irrigation system not great but also a common issue in Florence during warmer weather.
- Unhelpful bus drivers (not fault of hotel) they will not tell you when to get on or off or answer any questions you have, do don't bother asking.
- As the resort is small it is sometimes difficult to find bar staff during the day, it would be great to have an honesty book for soft drinks and water.
When you arrive you will be provided with a timetable and all the details you need to catch the bus, but if you would like to know these things in advance here you go.
Bus 25 or 25a tends to run every 20mins taking 10-15 mins to get into the city. our first bus into Florence was 6.01am and last bus at 00.30 back to the hotel.
Catching the bus - 10-15mins before you need to catch the bus pop down to reception and ask for a lift to the bus stop (Walter and Daniele are more than happy to do this) it's only a 2min drive in the car but on a busy road so I recommend you take the lift.
You can buy tickets in a shop/pub at the bus stop where they drop you off, It's 4.75 euro for a two person return ticket (a taxi is between 15-25euro depending on traffic each way) and you can buy multiple bus tickets.
The bus stop is 50yrds from the shop and in our experience the bus tends to run on time or slightly early. When you get on the bus put you ticket into the machine (there is one at the front and back of the bus)to date stamp it. Your ticket is then valid for any bus for the next 90mins.
You will want to get off at stop San marco (which is a square where most people get off) you can also catch other busses in this area or close by apparently bus 13 is a nice scenic route around the city.
Returning you can pick the bus up from the same place or at the first stop just slightly round the corner on via giorgio la pira where the bus often waits for 5-10mins
Getting off at the right place for eden rock is a little more tricky as the road is very dark at night. we used the digital display inside the bus as advised by daniele when you go past the stop that you got on at you need three more stops, Bolognese Nuevo, then Bolognese Nuevo 3 and then Bolognese Nuevo 5 As soon as you see 5 press the stop button( sometimes the driver is going very fast) but don't worry if you get it wrong, you can call the hotel and they will come and collect you just tell them the name of the stop you are at (all the stops have their name on the top of the bus stop sign).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Eden Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Rock Hotel Florence