“Do yourself a favour and do it!”
Review of Tuscany Bike Tours

Tuscany Bike Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Tuscany bike tours is a service provided by Active tours Italy S.r.l. which offers day long bike tours in the Chianti wine region of Tuscany. 10am-5pm. We visit a 12th century castle, taste their wine and oil and cycle through some of the most beautiful countryside imaginable. A great way to orientate yourself, mix and socialize with like minded people while you travel. Come join us, you'll have a blast!
Reviewed June 10, 2013

You won't be sorry if you choose to join Tuscany Bike Tours for a day trip in the Chianti region!

I did the biking trip (note that Tuscany Bike Tours also offers vespa tours) on a 2-day trip to Florence. Although I missed out on seeing a lot of the sights in Florence because I chose to do this tour instead, I have absolutely no regrets as my day with Tuscany Bike Tours was one of the most enjoyable days I've spent in Italy. It was a really refreshing break from the usual tourist activities like visiting churches and museums! And it was great to get some exercise.

Cycling through beautiful countryside under the Tuscan sun with a friendly tour group and great guides was really fabulous. The castle and the views from the tower were beautiful and the olive oil was the best I've tasted. The wine was delicious, too. Our lunch at the little restaurant was well-organised and tasty. If there is pasta with melanzane (eggplant), I recommend it - mine was delicious! The hill after lunch was a challenge (which I somehow managed to achieve), but it is absolutely not a problem if you would rather catch a ride in the van. Keith, Jason and Lorenzo did an excellent job organising the tour, making sure everything ran smoothly and that everyone was enjoying themselves.

I have no hesitation whatsoever recommending this tour to anyone at all. If you enjoy a little exercise, beautiful scenery, wine and a few laughs, this tour is definitely for you!

2  Thank sheri6
Write a ReviewReviews (1,580)
All reviews
in 16 reviews
"our honeymoon"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

There is not a better way to really get the Tuscan feel and enjoy all of Tuscany then by this bike tour! The ride was amazingly beautiful and the group of tour guides ( Carlo, Jason , and Alesso) were AWESOME.. And of course Keith was great as well! This is a must do!!!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

What better way is there to soak in the Tuscan countryside than from the seat of a bike? Alessio was our guide for this lovely experience. He was informative, friendly, and genuine. The ride itself had a couple of steep spots and, since I am not in the best shape, opted to walk at those times. No biggie for Alessio who encourages you to go at your own pace but checks in to make sure all is well. The castle tour along with the wine and olive oil tasting was a great addition to the day. The view from the castle tower was something right out of a book. This is a great option if you don't want to rent a car but still want to see the countryside. Thank you Alessio!

1  Thank Jennifer G
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Tuscan bike tours was unbelievably beautiful! Alessio was a fantastic tour guide, he was engaging and interesting. Our tour stared in a 12th century castle that produces wine and olive oil. Alessio was knowledgable about the processes of these centuries old crafts. After the castle tour we started our bike tour. Alessio took us all over the Tuscan countryside. We ate lunch at a local restaurant and then finished our tour. It was such a lovely day I would highly recommend it if you want to enjoy beautiful country and a knowledgable and fantastic guild.