“The tour guides alone make this amazing!!”
Review of Tuscany Bike Tours

Tuscany Bike Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Tuscany bike tours is a service provided by Active tours Italy S.r.l. which offers day long bike tours in the Chianti wine region of Tuscany. 10am-5pm. We visit a 12th century castle, taste their wine and oil and cycle through some of the most beautiful countryside imaginable. A great way to orientate yourself, mix and socialize with like minded people while you travel. Come join us, you'll have a blast!
Tucson, Arizona, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The tour guides alone make this amazing!!”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Wow, what a blast!! This was a Perfect way to get out of the city on our two week trip. Andy was our guide and he is such a charmer. Its a group of three guys from Ireland who started this business, and another girl, Uri (sp?), who is also a great personality! My friend and I are 26 and we were thrilled the whole group and the guides were all within a decade of us. The castle is really amazing- you wont be able to say no to their special, unique olive oil and their Chianti! Then hop on your bike, cleverly named after some American icon (mine was Homer Simpson) and you're off for a moderate, occasional bouts of hard breathing, hilly ride through Tuscany. Lunch was perfetto! Its a little mom-and-pop place with great food... I believe the family live on premises. The guys go around and take you're orders of a choice of three pastas, a dessert... You share a carafe of wine with a couple people and a basket of bread. Sit down by the guides like I did and get more wine for yourself :) Uri gave us some of her favorite places to go in Florence (shes a native) and I showed her pictures of my son and back home... Its nice that they get to know you despite seeing tourists every day! The loop back to the castle after lunch was my favorite part. You pass these stunning villas and vinyards... I recommend piling in the van for the big hill... Hahahaha... I wasnt there to impress anyone... Then Andy drove the van back the 45 minutes to Florence, and we got dropped off near the Ponte Vecchio which was awesome because our apartment was right on top of it! I will do this tour in a heartbeat when I return to Florence! HIGHLY RECOMMEND! WORTH EVERY PENNY

1 Thank Julie W

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Nashville, Tennessee
“Awesome Time!”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We took a Vespa tour with Keith and Andy and had a blast while visiting Florence! The owners are so much fun and will keep you laughing. The Vespa tour was beautiful and you will truly get to enjoy the hills of Tuscany! We also stopped to enjoy a home style Italian lunch and toured a working castle/winery. We would do it again in a second and highly recommend it to anyone else!

1 Thank Kmsimp
California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Cycling in Tuscany!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Earlier in October, I was in Florence and did a one-day bicycle tour with Tuscany Bike Tours. It was very enjoyable. Great job by the guide, Andy -- very laid back, friendly and knowledgeable. He and his business partner have been doing the tours for six years and really know what they're doing. There were eight people in the group, and the tour included a 13 miles (21 kilometers) of actual cycling, a tour of a castle that produces wine and olive oil, and a very nice lunch. The ride was not difficult, except for one hill that was a bit less than 1 kilometer. It was a nice challenge! If you're in Florence and interested in a nice one-day outing, I definitely recommend Tuscany Bike Tours.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A beautiful way to see A small part of Tuscany”
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I am sitting with the Arno outside my window and a glass of wine in my hand. Resting after a lovely day of biking through the beautiful hills of Tuscany. Alessio and Jason could not have been better tour guides or more knowledgable. We were never over loaded with information, but if anyone had a question they were right there ready with the answer. We were a group of 13 or 14, not quite sure of the number as we were split into two groups, mine had 7. Everyone on the trip was from the US with one lone Canadian. We probably ranged from 18 - 55 years and it worked out just fine. Everyone was pretty much able to keep up and if there was a problem with a particularly difficult hill, Alessio was ready with a van to throw the bike in. All in all, a delightful group of people being led by two wonderful tour guides.
This was definitely a trip worth taking that will remain in my memories for years. If you find yourself in Florence, do not miss out on this great experience!
Thank you Alessio & Jason for a great day. Oh and thank you Keith for leading us to your door the night before.

1 Thank Lisa S
Tucson, AZ
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great Vespa Tour”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

They do a great job !! We have gone on 2 different Vespa Tours and this is by far the better 1 . They are very professional, courteous and safety conscious. The other company Floence Town ( their competitor ) will have you sign a bunch of waivers and do everything they can to " upsell "you insurance. This tour also has a much prettier itinerary and won't take as many people as they can. We had a total of 4 people on our tour ( I think they take a maximum 6 ) while Florence Town had approximately 12 people on our tour with much less safety concerns. Our leader Allesio drove my daughter and was phenomenal. Hats off to Keith and Andy for building a great company.