“Best day out”
Review of Tuscany Bike Tours

Tuscany Bike Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Tuscany bike tours is a service provided by Active tours Italy S.r.l. which offers day long bike tours in the Chianti wine region of Tuscany. 10am-5pm. We visit a 12th century castle, taste their wine and oil and cycle through some of the most beautiful countryside imaginable. A great way to orientate yourself, mix and socialize with like minded people while you travel. Come join us, you'll have a blast!
Reviewed September 28, 2012

There's really no other way to see florence and its surrounding wine valley's. This tour was the only bike tour that took you to a real castle and let you sample the amazing wine and award winning olive oil. The tour guides Keith and Andy were simply charasmatic and made the day so much more entertaining then other tour guides. Another great bonus was that the wine we tasted that usually sells for 60-70 euro in Florence, we were able to purhase before mark up, so walked away with a great deal at 6 euro a bottle, you can't get much better than that!

There are newer reviews for Tuscany Bike Tours

Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife wanted to do this tour and I said 'Okay if you want'. I'm really glad we did! We chose a Monday since most of the Museums are closed on Monday. To begin the tour, they drive you about 40km out of town into the hills of Tuscany and deliver you to a 13th Century Castle that has been making wine continuously since then. After a tour and generous glass of wine, you have a chance to buy some of their wine products then it's time to ride.

The equipment is top notch and the crew provides good safe guidance throughout the entire day, being sure to watch for traffic, help at crossings, pick you up in a support vehicle if you're struggling or need help with any gear issues you might be having. We stopped for lunch at a quaint restaurant to refuel, get more water and wine, then back on the bikes for our return 'climb' to the castle. The road is gradual except for one short stretch you can bike, walk or ride in the van. All are reasonable options! All other touring is modest and pleasant riding. Andy (and Allesandro I think) and crew did a great job. Entertaining, informative and when it came to biking, they kept everyone safe. This was good exercise and a nice break for the bustle of the cities. Very fun and worthwhile.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We loved the Tuscan Bike Tour experience so much that we did both the Tuscany Bike Tour and the Florence City Night Bike Tour (with Omar). These guys are awesome and fun. If you travel to Florence, you must take a day to visit the gorgeous Tuscan region. Experiencing the City and the countryside on bike is the way to do it. The sense of commuting with your surroundings is deeper and more memorable. I highly recommend this activity to active travelers who want to experience cycling through Tuscany without having to comit to a multi-day riding tours offered by the adventure travel operators.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We did this our last day in Florence and it was the perfect end to a wonderful vacation. Andy and Keith run this tour like a well-oiled machine but with a perfectly laid back vibe that alludes to the contrary. We lucked out with a gorgeous day and it allowed for perfect vistas and a temperate climate to bike 13 miles. Most of the biking is pretty easy but the last hill has certainly not been overstated. With a 17% grade at the steepest, this will take your breath away, and not necessarily the good way! It was extremely difficult but the guys were extremely encouraging. Keith was behind me for the entire climb, always letting me take a break when needed (you can ride in the Van instead which many people did - but I'm stubborn and wanted to do this out of pride). I did make it to the top and felt a huge sense of accomplishment. The castle is gorgeous and has such a storied history and the wine and olive oil are yummy. And while the 500,000 bottle production is a bit more than the wines I tend to like, I still bought four bottles. They make the ride and tour fun, with lots of jokes at their own expense. You will have a wonderful time - guaranteed. I recommend this for anyone who wants to see the countryside, likes to get outdoors, likes wine and just wants to have some fun.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

....if you have a spare day, do this tour with Keith and the lads from Tuscany Vespa Tours. My husband and I wanted to do something a little different, see more of Florence surrounds and enjoy the scenery. This tour combined it all with lunch, wine, castles, oil and wine tastings and great tour guides too. Very relaxed and enjoyable and with the sun on our backs, the day was a perfect one. Thanks to all the lads at Tuscany Bike Tours!