“Learn how to cook real authentic Italian food while having a blast!”
Review of Magici Sapori - CLOSED

Magici Sapori
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Giuseppe and Sandra welcome you into their magnificent kitchen fully equipped for an unforgettable cooking lesson of at least 6 hours. If the chef enjoys himself just as much as you do, he'll make it last (and the wine pour) even longer. This is the real deal. They don't do this to make a living out of it, but they do it for passion. This means a relatively low price for an extremely high quality experience.

Date of experience: November 2011
2  Thank Sophie K

Reviewed July 3, 2011

This was a highlight of our two week Rome to Milan driving tour. Giuseppe Castri, his wife Sandra and their translator Mike are lovely people, and the absolutely delicious dishes they prepared for us became the standard by which our other meals were measured (and very few even came close!). A great time was had by all - don't miss it!

Date of experience: June 2011
1  Thank bdouty
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Magici Sapori was the simply the most amazing experience. I have been to Italy many times & am a passionate fan of Italian food. I now know many new wonderful tips and techniques which has raised my technical ability in the kitchen to another level! Food was incredible, the wine delicious & the company wonderfully warm.

1  Thank Sarajane73
Reviewed May 15, 2011

i have been cookery lessons at Magici Sapori twice, and both times have been wonderful experiences. Giuseppe and Sandra are great hosts; friendly and knowledgeable. Their passion for Tuscan cooking is contagious.

On the most recent visit, my friends and I made and eat bruschetta, pasta, chicken and tiramisu. Everything was delicious, and all the more satisfying as we helped to prepare it. Throughout the lessons, Guiseppe entertained us with the history and philosophy of cookery, as well as magic tricks and jokes. And great cheese. And bread. And wine. And grappa.

The cookery lessons have been the highlights of my stay in Florence. Joyous!

Date of experience: May 2011
1  Thank baileyrichard1
See more reviews
Reviewed May 11, 2011

During a recent trip to Italy, my family and friends joined Giuseppe and Sandra for a cooking class in Florence featuring traditional Tuscan and Florentine dishes. Without question, it was the best time we had during an outstanding vacation. We picked the dishes in advance and our hosts warmly welcomed us into their professional kitchen around 3 on a Saturday afternoon. We didn't leave until 11, after actively participating in the cooking and enjoying some of the best food we had in Italy. Our Italian is not good, and Giuseppe provided a translator while liberally pouring terrific local wines and grappa. I was especially impressed with Giuseppe's focus on involving the kids (5 in total, aged 10 to 16 - a very tough audience) in the cooking. They loved it! To top it off, our host is an excellent magician and storyteller. Giuseppe said you can't know a food without knowing the culture, and I believe that is true. It was a very special evening for all of us. I heartily recommend this experience to anyone interested in Italian food and wine and an immersive cultural experience.

Date of experience: April 2011