“Not only great cooking and eating, Magici Sapori is an experience with the best of the warm and sunny Florentine people.”
Review of Magici Sapori - CLOSED

Magici Sapori
Reviewed May 8, 2011

Dear Giuseppe & Sandra,
I want to thank you again for a most memorable evening in your cucina. We had a wonderful vacation but I think the highlight was the night of Cooking Magic with you. You made us feel so welcome, it was fun and we learned so much--kids and adults alike. Bless you that you are able to do this, it is a special gift.

Be well, hope to see you again,
Dave Graziano

Reviewed April 1, 2011

A small group of us came to the school for an evening of cooking however we got much more than that. Not only did we learn many tricks and secrets about how to make wonderful traditional Italian dishes but we were highly entertained by our hosts who brought a wealth of stories and amusement to our evening. We had a lot of good laughs and the time flew by.
I think it's fair to say that all of us would highly recommend this experience. It's great not only for serious cooks but for anyone who wants some insight into the traditional Italian way of eating and entertaining.

Reviewed October 11, 2010

I can't say enough about this! We booked this based on a suggestion from our hotel, and it was beyond expectations. Giuseppe and Sandra were friendly, entertaining, and excellent cooks and teachers.

We prepared a delicious 7 course meal, tasted some amazing cheeses and wines, and learned some helpful cooking tips during the class.

If I ever make it back to the Florence area, the first thing I do will be to book another class with Giuseppe.

Reviewed December 31, 2009

Magici Sapori was, hands down, the best experience of our recent trip to Europe! We were booked into the pasta course from our B&B hosts, and were not entirely sure of what to expect. However, we could not have been more impressed!
The hosts were so, so, so lovely and generous.
We made four different types of pasta, while they brought us cheeses and wines to taste throughout the evening. In the end, the pasta turned out to be the best we have ever eaten.
The course was only supposed to go for three to four hours, but we stayed for almost seven hours, as they continued to bring us delicious wines and grappa to taste.
They were so knowledgeable, and were brilliant cooks. But we were most impressed with their hospitality and the great company we experienced.
We would really consider going back to Italy just to do this course again, or even better, cook there for weeks!
We can't speak highly enough of this beautiful cooking school.
Please, do experience it, if nothing else in Florence!!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 10, 2009

During a recent stay in Florence, I was fortunate enough to participate in 3 classes at the Magici Sapori Cookery School with Giuseppe Castri. I was told the classes would last for approximately four hours, however, often they lasted for much longer, during which time we worked as a team to prepare a delicious meal of an antipasto, primo, secondo, and dessert. Giuseppe, his wife Sandra, and translator Linda were fantastic! Such an incredibly generous and lovely group of people who made these lessons very entertaining, informative and fun! Each course of the meal was accompanied with the appropriate wine and we were fortunate to try a sample of the regions finest cheeses as well. These were more than just a regular cooking class - they were an experience! I will most certainly take part in more should I ever have the opportunity to return to beautiful Florence!