“Just brilliant”

Il Marzocco Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #114 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Can't speak highly enough of this BandB. We were made to feel so welcome. The rooms were clean and for those complaint of size, this quite normal In Europe. Bathroom as a good size and the breakfast very filling. It was close to all major attractions, inspire of what others said. Marco and Federicka couldn't do enough for us. Thank you to you both. We will be back

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I had a very good time here, thanks for Marco and the lady who welcomed us in the reception, providing us all the necessary information for visit the city. The room is very beautiful and clean, the service is very well-cared. I will definitely choose here for the next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Beautiful B&B, few walking minutes from the main station. Federica is an excellent host, and she spent an incredible time explaining and writing down on the map all the main interests in Firenze. I tried some of her recommendations and they were spot on. They were very easy to accomodate my requests and they can also pre-book some of the attractions (a must during high season). The rooms are very cozy, like depicted on the photos. I would return.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Although this guest house was slightly away from the centre for the price we found it to be more than adequate.
The owner, Marco, was extremely helpful when we arrived with information about places to eat and things to do (and things to avoid!)
The breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of options available (including Marco's wife's homemade jam!). As we had to leave before breakfast on our final day Marco came to the guesthouse early to provide us with a breakfast before we left for our train, which was very much appreciated!
We just wish we had stayed longer in Florence and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a single night on our way north from Rome to Paris. Long story short: we wish we had planned for a longer stay in Florence...and at B&B Il Marzocco.

From the get-go, Federica and Marco were wonderful hosts...from the emails they sent in preparation for our arrival, to their warm welcome when we arrived. Federica gave us woderful adivice on what to, where to eat and how to get around. These are two people who know, appreciate and love their home, and they are more than happy to share it with their guests.

Their small B&B will likely remain one of my favorities of all time. It was comfortable, beautifully decorated and very well located. Breakfast was also delightful!

I don't think I could say enough about how much we enjoyed staying here...but the fact that I feel that way after a one night stay speaks volumes. Should we be fortunate enough to visit Florence again, we will, without hesitation, stay at Il Marzocco.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My husband, son and I stayed here in July 2013. This was our first stop in Italy and by far our greatest memory. We never found another person in Italy that loves their hometown more than Marco. Our room was comfortable but nothing can compare to how welcome Marco made us feel. We definitely will return if we are fortunate enough to return to Florence.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This simple BnB is one hell of a gem. I wasn't having high hopes as I had some horrible stays in other European countries before. But I was pleasantly surprised. What really impressed me was the passion that Marco have for his city. Before we ventured out he gave us a nice history lesson on Florence, places to go, things to see and recommended places where locals eat (very important to a foodie like me!). He also speaks perfect english and was nice enough to give us his mobile in case we get lost in the city. I must add that his very pretty lady assistant and his wife were also very hospitable and welcome us every morning with smiles. I totally enjoyed my stay here and will definitely recommend it to everyone!

Thanks again to Marco and company for everything - the warm welcome, the dinner recommendations-so good that we went back twice!, the chocolate bar and the home made jam (which is to die for!). All the best to you! Ciao! :)

• Stayed: October 2013