New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #137 of 638 Florence B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent B&B”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Beautiful B&B, few walking minutes from the main station. Federica is an excellent host, and she spent an incredible time explaining and writing down on the map all the main interests in Firenze. I tried some of her recommendations and they were spot on. They were very easy to accomodate my requests and they can also pre-book some of the attractions (a must during high season). The rooms are very cozy, like depicted on the photos. I would return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Korean first
Horwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Although this guest house was slightly away from the centre for the price we found it to be more than adequate.
The owner, Marco, was extremely helpful when we arrived with information about places to eat and things to do (and things to avoid!)
The breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of options available (including Marco's wife's homemade jam!). As we had to leave before breakfast on our final day Marco came to the guesthouse early to provide us with a breakfast before we left for our train, which was very much appreciated!
We just wish we had stayed longer in Florence and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a single night on our way north from Rome to Paris. Long story short: we wish we had planned for a longer stay in Florence...and at B&B Il Marzocco.

From the get-go, Federica and Marco were wonderful hosts...from the emails they sent in preparation for our arrival, to their warm welcome when we arrived. Federica gave us woderful adivice on what to, where to eat and how to get around. These are two people who know, appreciate and love their home, and they are more than happy to share it with their guests.

Their small B&B will likely remain one of my favorities of all time. It was comfortable, beautifully decorated and very well located. Breakfast was also delightful!

I don't think I could say enough about how much we enjoyed staying here...but the fact that I feel that way after a one night stay speaks volumes. Should we be fortunate enough to visit Florence again, we will, without hesitation, stay at Il Marzocco.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

My husband, son and I stayed here in July 2013. This was our first stop in Italy and by far our greatest memory. We never found another person in Italy that loves their hometown more than Marco. Our room was comfortable but nothing can compare to how welcome Marco made us feel. We definitely will return if we are fortunate enough to return to Florence.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

This simple BnB is one hell of a gem. I wasn't having high hopes as I had some horrible stays in other European countries before. But I was pleasantly surprised. What really impressed me was the passion that Marco have for his city. Before we ventured out he gave us a nice history lesson on Florence, places to go, things to see and recommended places where locals eat (very important to a foodie like me!). He also speaks perfect english and was nice enough to give us his mobile in case we get lost in the city. I must add that his very pretty lady assistant and his wife were also very hospitable and welcome us every morning with smiles. I totally enjoyed my stay here and will definitely recommend it to everyone!

Thanks again to Marco and company for everything - the warm welcome, the dinner recommendations-so good that we went back twice!, the chocolate bar and the home made jam (which is to die for!). All the best to you! Ciao! :)

• Stayed October 2013
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

From the moment you book this B & B you feel well looked after. They send you a personal e-mail with directions, tips for your stay and if you want they will book galleries, etc. for you. It is located within close walking distance to the train station and they send you information about how to get there from the airport. When you get there they give you a map and so much information about Florence it makes your stay better as you get more done. They recommend great places to eat, drink and see. The rooms are lovely, but breakfast is superb. If you book a tour and have to leave early, don't worry they provide for that too. My only critism is that it is located on a busy street corner, but most hotels are on busy streets. However, they have double glazed windows and extra shutters to keep the noise out. Great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cjtwasnig
Tete, Mozambique
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

It is hard to describe how perfect this B&B was...the friendliness and warmth of the staff is astonishing! From the time of booking, Federica was very attentive and friendly, she booked for me, free of any charge, all the tours including the visits to the museums/gallerias. When I arrived, she gave me very good tips about Florence, and also gave me her manager cellphone so I could contact in case anything happen. It was very attentive...
The B&B it self is perfect! The rooms are very big, the beds are huges, it is clean, safe and the breakfast is excellent! Everyday there was a different cake to taste...One day I had an early tour, around 7h30am, nevertheless Federica managed to leave breakfast for me.
Its localitions is also perfect, really close to the train station, and just few minutes from the historic center. I loved it and recommend it!!

Room Tip: Every rooms are perfect!