Riva Lofts Florence
Hotel Crocini(Florence)
Casa del Lago(Florence)
Ariele Hotel(Florence)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshonesty bartram stopfree bikespool and garden areausual hotellovely propertyarno riverperfect place to staybusy citystayed for nightshome away from homecarlottaretreatcomfort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This place is really lovely, set on the river about 20 minutes outside of Florence and have a very peaceful feel about it. It would have got a 5 star, but when we arrived at 3pm (check in is 2pm) our room wasn't ready - even though they had emailed to find out what time we were arriving - we then had to wait 2 hours for our room which was pretty frustrating. A loud, rude group of Americans arrived after us, and were shown to their rooms straight away - I'm not sure if they had more expensive rooms and therefore got priority? Anyway, the check-in was amazing - Juliet gave us some FANTASTIC recommendations of where to go visit & eat - we would never have gone to these places - her advise was invaluable. Our room was quite small, but very comfortable, the bathroom was very stylish, but not that practical. Free soft drinks is a nice touch and the honesty bar was great. The pool looked nice, but unfortunately the weather didn't allow us to go in! The breakfast is great for Italy - quite low key, but good fresh bread & pastries - you don't need more when you're going out for lunch! The hotel is quite small & the walls are quite thin and so a group of loud Americans isn't exactly relaxing, but there isn't much the hotel can do about that (except maybe not accept booking for large same sex groups?). Overall it was a great find.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My wife and I were in desperate need of a holiday. As I sit on the plane on the way home I realize what an important part of our experience in Florence the Riva Lofts were. We unexpectedly  feel more rested than we ever have felt visiting a city. We stayed there for three nights at the beginning and four nights at the end of our short trip to Italy. Alice, Juliet and Cecila are all very skilled women who never cease to work towards making the stay at their hotel a unique experience. One might expect some level of pretension in a setting like this but that is quite the opposite as there was visibly a genuine friendliness towards all. I would challenge that they are probably in the ranks of the top of their  game in both concierge and cool hunting services. I would not use the term checking in at the Riva but would describe it more as a consultation designed to ensure that you will enjoy their hotel and city to its maximum. I had a moment of remembering the 70's television show Fantasy Island where everyone's experience was individually catered for them. I have never put trust in anyone else to choose restaurants  for me as this is a focal point of travel for us. They were bang on with their    excellent recommendations and able to secure reservations at top spots and knew of places off the beaten path.  We had left the Riva lofts mid trip to go to Bologna to do some eating there, at the train station we were told of the earth quake that had sadly hit a half hour earlier. We decided not to go and called Riva lofts, Alice and Juliet went into action and started looking for a place for us to stay in Luca where we decided to go. An example of the constant going above and beyond attention given to guests.

The grounds, lofts, and rooms are stunning and meticulous.  The location was spectacular and it felt like such an escape to calmness after being in mobs of tourists to return to Riva lofts. The very short walk to the Tram was lovely and we never waited more than a few minutes for it, the tram is clean timely and a short ride. I have an image  in my mind of a vintage flip books when thinking about the lovely view of bicycles cruising along the river path.
Breakfast at Riva, I expected to skip it and head to cafe's but discovered the great attention given to each item and all the carefully selected items. Home made yogurt made by one of the lovely staff who make perfect coffee is a stand out, sweet fragrant honey and very decent olive oil from the owners country home were delightful as well as coffee cakes that appeared typical but were perfect. During  breakfast time listening to Beatles songs sitting in the beautiful main room or sitting outside drinking  fresh, sweet fragrant orange juice was looked forward to daily.
This review is too long but I really wanted to try and paint a picture of this special place and could go on about other aspects of Riva.
Alice, Juliet, and Cecila thank you so much sincerely, I hope Riva continues for many years and hope that it inspires others to create well designed  service  focused environments.

Sent from my iPhone

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Chefdm
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Riva Lofts for a week while we were in Florence. I cannot say enough about how amazing the hotel was. The staff was so helpful and provided us with some great suggestions for shopping and restaurants. The beautiful grounds allowed my wife and I to truly relax on our vacation. We will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed May 8, 2012

If you enjoy staying in Boutique Hotels as opposed to the typical global chains, then this is the one for you.

Staff are super friendly and would go out of the way to help make your stay more pleasant in any way they can.

Location wise: 10min tram ride from the City Center, and maybe a 5 minute walk to reach the hotel, nothing that will kill you.

Bfast is served in this lounge-like living/dining room which is homely but sophisticated at the same time with dining table, a television and a couch which all can be used at any time of the day if you just feel like chillin instead of rushing out to do some shopping.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tym6
Reviewed May 3, 2012

It may be a bit out of the centre of Florence (half hour pleasant walk along the river or 5 mins on the tram) but well worth it - the transformation from what used to be working buildings into its current form as a peacuful luxurious secluded hideaway makes for a carefree and rather romantic stay.
They have a real attention to detail, lots of delightful free extras (like the jar of biscotti in our room that got magically refilled every day), and the bikes that you can just take out whenever you want are a real plus. Also, being that bit further out we got to enjoy a bit more of non-touristy Florence and were recommended some excellent eateries that were off the beaten track.
My wife and I spent 4 very relaxing days in Florence away from the kids, an afternoon of which was wasted dozing in a hammock in Riva's garden. What more could you want?

Room Tip: There's only 9 to choose from. Pretty sure all are excellent.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple