“Great fun, food & entertainment.”

Circo-lo Teatro del Sale
Seattle, Washington
121 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 306 helpful votes
“Great fun, food & entertainment.”
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Dinner theater in concept; quite a production in reality.
Starts at 1930; arrive at 1915. Theater open all day for ticket sales, etc. Credit cards accepter. It has a full shop selling sauces, wines, ties, etc. Or can buy tickets right before production.

Arrival: When entrance opens at 1930, everyone dashes for seats. Comfy chairs at tables for two go fast. Large tables mixed in for groups. Then dinner starts.

Dinner: There are many courses. You will get full. Resist the urge to fill your plate with first course. It's appetizers. You might not want any. Don't worry. Much, much more will come soon. They proudly & loudly announce from the kitchen, which is enclosed by glass only, each course. Then everyone rushes to the serving table. Don't worry. They refill. You won't miss out. After dessert, entertainment begins.

Drinks: Water is self-serve as well. Large glass decanters are in the lobby. Fill one while you wait for doors to open at 1930. Bubbly & naturale faucets. Wine in waiting area as well in large wooden box. Fill by the glass (or decanter, I suppose, if large party).

Entertainment: Everyone moves their chairs to the stage area immediately after dessert. Some seats will be set up by the staff already. Just move your comfy chair closer. We saw a James Taylor act. In English. Songs we knew. Lasted little over one hour. Great fun.

Total time: Maybe 2 hours.
Cost: Our show was 30,00 euros per ticket. Note, you must buy an annual membership. They are 7,00 euros each. Receive nice membership card (think: souvenir (see pic)).
WC (restroom): In lobby. Super clean.
Staff: All wonderful. If English-speaking, non-issue.

Location: Easy to find. Straight shot from city center. Take Via del Corso off center of Piazza della Repubblica (opposite carousel). Walk to Piazza Sant' Ambrogio. Turn right on Via dei Macci. Few doors down on right. Can't miss. (By Mercato Sant' Ambrogio.)

Visited April 2014
19 Thank Dylann G

• Korean first
Budapest, Hungary
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Teathre with foody experience!”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Very tasty food served funnily, in the theatre style in an old theatre hall. You get the feeling that you belong in some secret circle of culinarists!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Laura T
Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“What a find!!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We do not speak Italian but love theatre so we bought tickets for the evening performance at this UNIQUE theatre!! Much to our delight, the performance was preceded by a feast divided into courses each dramatically announced by the presiding chef! The theatre itself is in a 14th century hall with a grand kitchen behind a window on the right. Inside you can see white hatted chefs roasting hens on spits and pulling luscious concoctions out of flaming brick ovens! We also filled up our wine carafe when needed. We were tactfully seated beside two English ladies and we were fairly sure that the four of us were the only tourists-how wonderful!!

Visited September 2013
4 Thank Nancy W
Davie, Florida
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Best meal in my life”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I went to Teatro del Sale on September 2011 after reading great reviews about it online. We took a cab from our hotel and were dropped off at a nearby piazza. We waited for it to open and had some drinks while we people watched. It was very cool because we seemed to be the only tourists in the area; it gave us a good idea of what true local life is like away from the tourist masses.

You have to pay a fee to become a member (I believe it was around $5 US), and then we paid around $35 for the entire meal (wine included). The setting of the restaurant is very homey. It feels as if someone in Italy has let you into their home for dinner. The food is served in a long rectangular table after one of the cooks yells to the crowd what is just being served. Everyone gets up and serves themselves buffet style and takes their plates back to their respective tables. Everything was in Italian, so a lot of times, we didn't know what was being served. But the locals quickly realized we were Americans and helped us by translating what was being served and gave us suggestions as to what the best meals were. We were the only tourists in the entire restaurant and that made everything even better since we had been searching for an authentic Italian restaurant.

We ate until we couldn't eat any more... I stopped counting how many courses we ate, but I believe it was about 7. The food was spectacular and the tastiest I have ever eaten in my life. My wife, who normally hates seafood, was eating clams as if they were candy. We have eaten at plenty of high end restaurants throughout different countries and this blows anything by miles. The wine was served out of a box and it was the best wine I had while I was in Europe.
The show was very entertaining as well and we both enjoyed it.

I highly recommend it and hope to get the opportunity to eat there once again in my life. Dinner, wine and a show for $35!! you can't beat it.

Visited September 2012
9 Thank RSangiovanni
Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“One of a Kind”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We learned about the Teatro del Sale from Emily Wise Miller's very useful book "The Food Lover's Guide to Florence." My wife and I have gone to the Teatro twice now; it is our favorite place for food and entertainment in Florence. On both occasions, we walked over to the box office earlier in the week, signed up for membership, and made our reservation based on the entertainment we wanted to see. The entire experience is a lot of fun--the staff were very friendly toward us, the announcement of the dishes as they came out was raucous, and the other guests were quite spirited (spurred on by the offer of as much wine as one can drink). As befitting a Fabio Picchi enterprise, the food was both copious and delicious. Guests bus their own dishes and rearrange the tables once the meal is over so everyone can see the show that follows, which makes for a very collaborative atmosphere. On our first visit, we saw a local jazz group and on our next visit, we saw Kenny White, an American pianist and vocalist who was opening in Paris later that month for Judy Collins. It was a great show and we spoke with him and bought a CD on the way out. We'll be visiting Paris later this summer and I only wish that I could find a place like this!

Visited July 2012