“Simply wonderful- excellent value for your money”
Review of Hotel Axial

Hotel Axial
Ranked #179 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed July 24, 2010

I stayed in Hotel Axial for two weeks and had the most wonderful experience. Staff was very attentive, supportive and helped with all kinds of information I required. Hotel is very clean and walking distance from most of the places tourists visit. I walked to and from the train station (and bus station) comfortably with my luggage. Can't say enough of Hotel Axial and the great service! Some nights there was a street show nearby so Icould hear classical music and laughter- didn't bother me at all. I felt very safe and comfortable here and would pick this hotel in future trips to Florence. Includes continenal breakfast and wifi, as well as 2 computers and printer available to all guests. AC was cool and nice!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Hotel Axial

Reviewed July 15, 2010

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. It was a block and a half from the Duomo (we took a taxi in from the airport), the staff speaks excellent English and was universally friendly and helpful. Reasonable rates, very clean, quiet, small (only 16 rooms, hence no fitness room, etc.) yet with all the amenities we needed. For example, they have free internet in a comfortable lounge with an attached bathroom (especially nice if you check out and still need a place to hang out or drop in before you leave Florence). They were 2 for 2 with restaurant recommendations, directed us to a laundromat, booked our tickets at the Accademia and Uffizi, gave us fullsome directions about how to get to the hotel, etc. I would have loved to stay there longer.

Rosemary Boyd from Southern California

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2010

Helpful staff, comforable double room. Located in the center of Florence's active, upscale area.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed July 14, 2010

The Axial is a few (2-10) minutes' walk from the Duomo, the Uffizzi Gallery, the Ponte Vecchio, the station, and loads of restaurants and bars. The rooms are surprisingly large, the staff are really helpful, and there is a lovely shaded courtyard to sit in for a quiet lunch. The prices were very reasonable, and the Axial would be first on my list for future stays in Florence (I have been there many times for business and pleasure, and the Axial was easily the best hotel). As an added bonus, they had free use of 2 internet-connected computers and a printer, plus wi-fi.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Not only are all of the previous reviews correct regarding wonderful location, clean rooms and friendly staff...but somehow I left my license and three credit cards (including a debit card) in the open safe in our room and never realized it until I checked my email a few days later. They found them and emailed me at once attempting to get in touch with me....that is unbelievable. It gives me hope and belief that there are lots of kind honest people in this world. Hotel Axial sent them to me even though the credit card on file (which I instructed them to use) was not working. After I received the cards, I gave them another credit card and they were able to collect the fee for the international mailing. All in all a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank HladPhiladelphia_PA
Reviewed July 13, 2010

My girl friend and I stayed in Hotel Axial for 3 nights in early July and we were very satisfied with the service they provided. The rooms are clean and the staff are very polite and friendly. Also, it is located very close to the cathedral and other museums so it very convenient for sightseeing.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Stayed here 3 nights in may. Location is fantastic for everything you need to do in Florence. The hotel staff very friendly and also gave me a free tour book of Florence which was very nice of them.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo