“Good find in Florence”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: San Giovanni
Reviewed September 7, 2016

We were looking for a nice refreshing dinner before going to an Opera at a nearby church. Glad we came across Mangia. Owner/operator was friendly and efficient. Pizza is more of a flat bread style with crispy crust. Ingredients were fresh and offered good flavor. The place was busy without being overly so. There was no pressure to finish and move on. We had local Chianti by the glass which was generously poured and tasty. Two sizes of pizza, regular and large. We ordered sausage, cheese, basil which was $9.

Date of visit: September 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,512)

Reviewed September 7, 2016

I'm a very tough judge of pizza. I'm from the NYC area and we do pizza just as well as anyone in the world. Florence is known for their pizza (at least that's what I was told, but Naples is probably more well known) and I was not let down, but I was not blown away either. I think you have to keep in mind that I've had some of the best pizza in the city and in Connecticut and my uncle makes homemade pizza in a brick oven Napoli style.

That being said this pizza was very good. I would not go back, only because I very rarely go back to a place twice when I travel. I like to try a new place every time. Very few places would get a rating of 5 from me, because that indicates that I would have to return no questions ask.

The staff here was exceptional. Super friendly. The restaurant is small and charming. Pizza is excellent. If you're passing by this would be a great choice!!

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed September 6, 2016 via mobile

This was our second visit (went last year when in Florence). Very laid back which is nice. Pizza's are delicious - fresh and natural. This time I also had some organic red wine which was the best I've ever had. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

You should know that the place is pretty small, I took there 9 of friends - so we mostly ate on the street but boy was it worth it!!
We ordered different Pizzas... each one of them was just amazing and different from the other...
The service is great...you cannot wish for more- except for more Pizza maybe :)
Enjoy!
Erez.

Reviewed September 4, 2016

We wanted a place for a quick lunch between tours and got to this restaurant shortly after opening. The staff was very welcoming and fed us with delicious pizza beautifully prepared. Their beverage choices were plentiful and varied and we left feeling replete.

Date of visit: July 2016