“good location and excellent service”
Review of Il Giglio Rosso

Il Giglio Rosso
Ranked #310 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Went there for few nights, arrived late, without any problems as they had given me a code to enter the building. Only few minutes from Santa Maria Novella train station and into city centre aswell. Room was bright and the furniture looked like new, lcd tv, aircon, fan and bathroom was spacious. Breakfast is simple, good coffee and some pastry. The staff did everything to make my stay enjoyable, they gave me instructions on where and what to see, tips about restaurants and more.
Will for sure stay there again and recommend this B&B for everyone looking for affordable and simple accomodation.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank David_jacobsen

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I know the owner and his wife and they are too kind!!!! they gave me all the informations I needed!!! Strategic position.....modern b&b,They gave me also an enter code to get in to the building so my arrival was too easy!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 16, 2013

plus: low cost, negative: no front desk, no one available later in the day, rooms too small, bathroom and shower clean but very tight , I cat imagine being over 180 lb and being able to fit in the shower. walk at night very scary but noneventful.... so if u are alone , DO Not choose this place. breakfast is ...... isnt in fact bfast at all. . so ....

Stayed: July 2013
ilgigliorosso, Proprietario at Il Giglio Rosso, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Guest, I am sorry if your experience here at Il Giglio Rosso has been under your expectations and we apologize for this. Since we bought this b&b, on may 2013, we always work to welcome you and let you stay as best as we can, so thanks for your feedback: I have to improove my job...

Anyway about the area, around my structure: I don't agree with you, it is just a residencial area, so quite and safe... I often have family with children and alone travellers, that also go outside during the night.

Check anyway our renovation steps on Facebook ! You are always welcomed ;-)

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This place was average. I probably wouldn't stay there again. We stayed 1 night. The place is easy to find and to get into. The floors were really dirty and probably hadn't been cleaned (or swept) in a while. The bathroom was average size, we had some problems with the toilet when we first arrived (it kept running) but somehow we got it to stop. The shower stall is the smallest we had during our complete Europe trip (ladies, forget shaving your legs). The room has a green window covering and we could not get it to come down so we slept without the windows covered which was SO annoying in the morning. It's very easy to hear people out in the common area. Bed comfort was so-so. There is no safe. Breakfast was packaged croissants or packaged toast, nutella like chocolate spread, or jam, 2 kinds of fruit juice, an espresso machine and 2 kinds of cereal. Fresh fruit would have been a nice added touch. Both the fan and A/C were annoyingly loud and made strange noises (but both worked). The location seems safe and we didn't mind the walk to see the sites. We saw the staff probably 15 minutes during the morning. They did not acknowledge us and when checking out did not bother asking about our stay - just basically asked for the money.

Room Tip: When you go out the door, go to the right and in the middle of the next block there is a fruit and v...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AJMNDC
ilgigliorosso, Proprietario at Il Giglio Rosso, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear guest, thank you for your detailed feedback: usefull to improve our work.
When you arrived we were here maybe from 20 days so... You know we could have inherit also some problem as we could have done some mistake due to a new begining ... We really apologize for the problem you found during your stay here, althought I wouldn't agree with some of your point as the cleanlinessits: just to talk I don't want to argue, this is a great chance for us to grow, schearing informations between guest and us...
We focus our work in few points, basically : cleanliness, good relatiopnship with our guest, B&B renovation . We started few days ago to renew our forniture and we are about to paint the wall: Il Giglio Rosso will look complitly different starting from september: new beds, new wall paint in the room, each one different, new design wardrobe, room fridge, new website with a lot of special offer ... I'd like you to be our fan on Facebook, cause there we are going to post all the change! And sure, as you are an expert traveller We would like to have you here again to check our change: in this case youll be here one night for free, our private guest (I'm not joking, I'd really appreciate it: you or a friend/relatives...)
Thanks again for your feedback, hope to see you again at Il Giglio Rosso!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Il Giglio Rosso in Florence was fair in terms of location if walking is something you don't mind, which we quite enjoy. Quite safe, but the breakfast and bathroom are really below what we expected. The owner was very helpful when there but mostly staff where only available until 13:00 and with the different staff almost daily it was impossible to get a personal experience. It worked for us but when compared to the lovely place we found at a similar price in Sorrento we felt a little dissapointment. The access code works well so you don't have to arrive at any specific hour if that's any consolidation?

Room Tip: I was strongly considering the Florence rooms to rent and now I'm sorry I did not make the swop
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
ilgigliorosso, Proprietario at Il Giglio Rosso, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for your feedback, it is really what we need to improove our job.
As You maybe know me and my wife bought Il Giglio Rosso few weeks ago with a lot of ideas and project to make it better, to make it own. Unfortunatly so far we had not much time to spend in renewing our B&B: we had to learn first to manage it and all the burocracy wich surrounds that job. Anyway we are sorry if your aspectations have been desappointed, is not what we want. We are doing our first change this week: new tables and chair in all the rooms (Kartell), new paint a particular and modern wall paper and also a new web site with new pictures. Other change steps are allready planned... Hope to meet you again at Il Giglio Rosso and thank you for your cooperation!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We didn't pay very much to stay in this b&b. It wasn't that bad, but if I'm going back to Florence I will consider paying a little bit more and stay in a more central hotel or b&b. The b&b is only about 10 minutes by foot from the railway station, but it takes about 30 minutes to walk to most sights in the historical centre.

What we liked about this b&b:
- Nice and helpful host (he's only there in the morning)
- Decent breakfast
- Free and reliable wi-fi.

What could have been better:
- Our room was very small.
- The room had been cleaned upon arrival, but it could have been cleaner, especially the bathroom, there were stains around the toilet, on the sink, on the mirror and on the walls. All these stains could easily been removed if the bathroom had been cleaned properly.
- There should have been some hooks in the bathroom to hang our towels. There were no hooks in the room at all, so we had to hang our wet towels in the closet.
- The shower was very small. I'm not a big guy, but it was difficult to turn around in the shower without touching the walls.
- The pillows in the bed were way to thin

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2012

It's a unique Bed & Breakfast, you feel like at home, you get an accessing code that you recieve before your arrival.
The owner is there just in the morning for breakfast, making great cappucinos and in case you want to he also gives you all the information that you need about Florence, very professional and polite person.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business