“Favorite day in Florence”
Review of Accidental Tourist

Accidental Tourist
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Accidental Tourist was born in the spring of 1998 offering the first single-day hands-on cooking class in Tuscany. We welcome the curious and open-minded traveler in the heart of our Tuscan home, for an authentic yet magical experience. We take a maximum of 8 people, but will go with as few as one: we never leave the solo traveler behind. We welcome families with children as we know how challenging it can be to travel with the young ones in the Old Country. AND, we charge for our tours only if our guests are happy to pay for their day with us.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This was by far our best day in Florence. We were greeted by a very nice tour guide named Alexander. By the end our day we felt we made a good friend! he took us to a beautiful villa to see how olive oil and wine is made. After that we went into a rustic barn to taste the olive oil , crusty bread and 5 delicious wines. We then went to another villa on the top of the mountain. The views were exquisite and there was where we made our own home made fresh pasta. Our hostess, the wonderful Christiana, then made a an amazing meal including our pastas! It was sensational and we felt like we were dining by our friends home. She was so warm and inviting! it was truly our best day in Florence!

1  Thank Vicki H

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This was the highlight of our 11 day trip to Tuscany and beyond. For my wife's 40th birthday I wanted to do something special. A cooking class in Tuscany sounded fun. We were not disappointed. Majla picked us up around noon and within 30 minutes we were at her beautiful home in the hills outside Florence. It was Valentine's Day and so we learned to make heart shape ravioli in addition to Fettuccini and Spaghetti. The best part of the class is Majla and her husband Marco. They immediately make you feel welcome. They offer you as much wine as you like and offer great conversation. We were so satisfied by the experience that I have purchased a gift of cooking lessons for my sister who is traveling to Florence to see her daughter. We were so inspired by Majla's teachings that on my first day back I bought a pasta press and taught my kids how to make fresh homemade pasta. This is a must do - experience.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I am not a tour kind of person but I thought Accidental Tourist sounded deferent on my first trip to Italy. Now five trips later and every time Im in Florence I have had the pleaser of attending three Accidental outings. Each one hart worming and informative.
Definitely one of the resins I fell in love with Italy

Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I had such an amazing experience with Accidental Tourist. We were only able to do the tour on New Years Day and they were more than happy to give us a wine tour and cooking class on the holiday. It was such a unique and special way to see the Tuscan country side - away from the typical tourist sights and people. Also, we had one of the best meals we've ever had! I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

What a fabulous time we had on our cooking class with Majla and Marco! They are so lovely! Majla picked us up and drove us to her beautiful Tuscan villa to make the most amazing pasta! While Marco prepared the starters and dessert for us. Seeing how real Italians live and eat was priceless! I can't recommend this activity enough, it is a MUST when in Florence!