“Wonderful Hostel!”

My Friends Guesthouse
Ranked #119 of 656 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Couldn't recommend this hostel enough! The owners are so friendly and helpful, its amazing. Definitely stay here for a wonderful stay.
Nadina has great tips for all sort of attractions and the location is perfect (5 minutes walk from the train station).

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for My Friends Guesthouse

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I accidently found this place, and as the price was good for me i booked there for 2 nights.
I have stayed in hostels all over Italy, in almost every city, and i can confidently say that this guesthouse is one of the best.
Nadina, the owner of the guesthouse, is probably the sweetest person you will meet, she instantly becomes your friend, helping you with anything and everything you need, She will honestly do anything possible to ensure your happiness and satisfaction.
The guesthouse is small which enables you to meet everyone who stayes there and so i met lots of new friends there. the bed was comfortable, the breakfast was fantastic and the location was great. Do yourself a favor and book there now!

Out of 5 stars i rate this place 6.

Room Tip: Go to everywhere Nadina recommends on.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 1, 2014

What makes this hostel great is Nadina. She points out all the tourist attractions, good places to eat, and fun places to visit, and is very helpful with any questions you might have. Everything else about the hostel is good; it's clean, bathrooms work well, beds are comfortable, location is good. I definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Eva P
Reviewed January 24, 2014

This place I cannot rate highly enough. It may not be 5* luxury but if you are looking to have a good time in Florence stay here, because the staff here are 11/10. I have never felt so welcome in a hostel, a great warm homely welcome. Followed by a detailed (very detailed) explanation of what we can do in Florence. This helped us so much and we can't thank the woman from Stuggart enough as she made our stay in Florence simply fantastic. Please if you go to this beautiful city, STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed at My Friends Guesthouse for a weekend in January 2014. During a previous visit to Florence, I had stayed at a nice hostel a bit more centrally located. Knowing that the hostel's location was closer to the train station, I decided to stay change hostels as I would be flying back to the States early on a Sunday morning. Little did I know that a simple change in hostels would make such an impact on my experience.

Nadina and Helio will bring a special warmth to your stay in Florence. Not only do they make sure that you are well taken care of as a guest and that the facilities are clean, they genuinely want to share tips and advice with you to help make the most out of your stay in the city. When you check in, expect Nadina to offer you coffee, and perhaps a snack, while she shows you a map of the city and suggests places to check out based on your interests. Because of the relaxed atmosphere Nadina and Helio have created at My Friends, the guesthouse also attracts interesting and respectful fellow travelers. I can't recommend My Friends enough and hope there will be a bed available the next time I return to Firenze!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I'm 8 months late writing this review but I stayed I stayed at this hostel in May 2013 and although I was only there 2 nights, I had the best experience here. Nadina and her boyfriend were absolutely lovely. As soon as I arrived, she offered me tea and sat down with me with a map of the city and highlighted the touristy spots and how to get to them and gave me advice on where to eat (I Due Fratellini was an AMAZING sandwich spot!!!)

My luggage handle had broken on my way to Italy and Nadina's boyfriend went and got some tools and a piece of metal and fixed/rigged it for me so that I was able to use it again for the rest of the trip. That was a life saver!

Just the sweetest people ever, and the people staying at the hostel were super nice too. Warm and welcoming environment that lent itself to easily meeting other people.

Great great great!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I would say that my friends hostel is the best hostel I've been in Italy, really well located, 5 minutes walk from both Duomo and central train station. The bedrooms are also really clean and the matresses are really good. Last but not least I need to mention how nice are the hostel owners, Nadina and Helio are both really worried about doing your experience been awesome. From the every first moment they gave all the directions to Florence best atractions such as museuns, and really good and cheap restaurants and ice creams shops, the breakfast is also something that i just had in my friends hostel. Definetely it was the best acomodation experience in the entire Italy.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo