“Best hostel in Europe”

My Friends Guesthouse
Ranked #123 of 657 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I cannot say enough about this hostel. First of all, it's a 3 minute walk from the train station which was sooooo helpful. Nadina is an angel. Made us breakfast whenever we woke up. Although there were only two bathrooms like a lot of people have complained about, we all have to remember that this place has only been open for a year. The wifi was uncomplicated and free - no passwords or stupid log ins. The living quarters, while small, were very clean and well kept. The biggest closets with that you can lock up all of your stuff in. This hostel is definitely a quieter one but there is a big hostel about 5 minutes away that you can party at. I would definitely come back to this hostel FOR SURE.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

This is a perfect location. Right next to the train station and a five minute walk to the duomo. Couldn't have asked for a better location. The owner was the nicest man I have ever met. He was so caring and helpful. Each morning he would prepare us a lovely breakfast and bring it out to us on a tray. He also gave us free bottles of wine! The rooms were clean and comfortable. Everyone was very friendly and it was a quiet hostel. I hope to return!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 19, 2013

we stayed only for a night here in Firenze in a private room with shared bathroom. Wall is thin and next to our room is the common area where we experienced dorms room ppl talking loud in the morning while we were still sleeping. It was 7.30am and we thought we could get a good sleep as we had a long day the day before. there is only two bathroom and we had to shared with at least 8 ppl from the dorms room, so it took us some time waiting for our turn to shower (we were exhausted from the long day). bathroom is small and wet and flooded (after used by so many ppl) and hair dryer is not working (its cold air instead of hot i wonder why), so i slept in my wet hair. But, the host is really pretty and kind she gave us a map explaining where we should visit and recommend us cheap eat and the breakfast she made is very tasty. Location is good near train station.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Good convenient location, near to the train station and walkable distance to all the tourist attractions! Good directions provided too! The hostel owners were very friendly and helpful (in all aspects, can ask them whatever you want to know)! Provided a good map and awesome recommendations for places to visit and to eat. Clean place too and breakfast is provided =). Will definitely return if I go back to Florence.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Nice cozy small hostel ! Everybody call u by ur name. Nadine was the name of the girl who was in charged she made cool breakfast and provide us with a great map with tourist places and food recommendation! The place was clean and really easy to get here from the train station! I totally recommend it

Reviewed February 26, 2013

The hostel is very well located close to the train station and a 5 minute walk away from the center (duomo area). Great facilities and Nadina and Elio are the best hosts and are happy to help you with anything. I can't say enough good things!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 15, 2013

i'm a student at firenze, it's my first time here and tried to find a room for rent. the hosts were extraordinary helpful and willing to call my contacts italiani(the room owners), even wrote ads for me on bakeca!!! i was wordless to thank them. Please have a visit here, you'll find a friendly environment to rest. it's definitely worth it but also cheap!!!

Room Tip: it's more quiet to stay in the one in the end of the house. however, this place would switch off...