When researching for accommodation in Florence, this place comes highly recommended with rather cheap price tag for such a central location. Stayed here for 3 nights and can highly recommend this place. Booked via booking.com because their B&B website is also quoting the same price. Bill was about 167 euro for 3 nights before 2% cash payment discount. I could not find any discount code online.
- Truly great location, right around the corner of the Duomo (besides Gucci) – no exaggeration. Within walking distance to many attractions. I walked everywhere and never used a bus in Florence. Quite easy to find from the train station once you got your bearings.
- Room itself is in classic style but everything still works. The flat itself is so elegant, with high ceiling and hard wood flooring; it is as if you have your own flat downtown. Got in room safe, mini fridge. I didn’t see the hairdryer though. Cleaned daily.
- They have shared kitchen with fridge stocked with food & drinks which you can enjoy for free. Unfortunately you’re not allowed to cook though.
- Extra 2% discount for cash payment.
- Receptionist can help make reservation (they help booked Vini e Vecchi Sapori for me which turns out to be one of the greatest meal of my life!) – they are also responsive in emails.
- Free stable wifi (you need to ask for a code, and ensure its activated throughout your stay).
- Air con in room which you can control. Heaters also available.
- Limited receptionist time. When I arrived at 12.30 pm (which is still within their reception time), I rang the bell and no one answer. I got a code in advance, but they did not told me I need to press * at the end. When I managed to do that & got into the building; I realized that they never told me which floor they are (1st fl, btw – excluding the ground floor). Before I hunted the whole 4 floors; Alessandro came and apologize as he left to help some other guest who got lost with their car. It was scary for a bit though, not knowing where to go & no one to help. Make sure you got their number & your phone is working just in case of emergency.
- Once you checked in, they gave you set of 4 keys with different colors to open various doors before you can enter your room. Ensure you know how to use them & don’t left them in your room! I wish they would just put a number instead of asking guest to memorize the color & sequence.
- There’s an ancient lift (the one that I saw in old black & white movies) but you primarily used the stairs.
- Bad sound proofing. I can hear my neighbors talked, watched TV, go to the toilet and all. You better pray you don’t have loud neighbors.
- Breakfast started at 8.30 or something which is rather late (I skipped all 3 breakfast because my itineraries & day trips require early start). But again, lots of food & drinks at the fridge to fill you up.
I know I put a lot of cons, but I was just trying to be honest & helpful. Nevertheless, I still would recommend this place if you are looking for value for money place to stay in such a central location. If you find my review to be helpful, pls click that helpful vote – thanks!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Il Salotto di Firenze reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Salotto Di Firenze Hotel Florence