AC Hotel Firenze
Hotel Roma(Florence)
$288
$178
  • Breakfast included
Il Guelfo Bianco(Florence)(Great Value!)
$226
$616
$598
  • Restaurant
1,278 results
All reviewsmarriott pointsminute walkporta al pratotram stopnice hotelbusiness hotelmodern designthe main train stationbreakfast buffetthin wallsfront desk staffhistoric centerhotel is locatedcomfortable roomssanta maria novella train stationtaxieuro
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

The staff were excellent. They were attentive an efficient. The rooms are modern and practical. This hotel an its staff are deserving of the awards they receive. At only 4 stars they are far superior too many 5 star hotels I have stayed at. An I should mention the breakfast which had a extensive amount to choose from. an once again the staff were very attentive. Thank you for making my stay so very pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The clientele here were mostly American tourists. While the hotel is modern and clean, the hotel staff is friendly and helpful, and the breakfasts are quite nice, these advantages don't outweigh the negatives. Namely, one is able to hear everything - and I mean everything - through the room walls. The other drawback is that the hotel is a 20 minute walk to city center, which is not such a bad shortcoming alone, but the lack of nearby restaurants is a deterrent. And when exploring all day, the hotel’s location makes it difficult to find good dinner options without resorting to eating at the hotel's restaurant or trekking all the way back to the center city. Other reviewers have commented on a few things that turned out not to be true. For example, there is no free shuttle from the hotel to the city; in fact, a previous reviewer was riding the public bus without a ticket (which carries a 200+ euro fine, if caught). There is no free minibar, even for platinum elite Marriot members, as the pricelist was clearly noted on the fridge and I asked. WiFi was only free due to my Marriott status. In the evening, limited appetizers (mostly fried finger foods) are offered, likely to entice guests to order drinks. The drinks are expensive, and despite what other reviewers have said, they are not free for elite members. I don’t think I got a room upgrade, either. I’m not sure I would really recommend this hotel – the paper-thin walls were just unbearable. If you decide to stay here, bring your hair conditioner -- an amenity that not provided, which is typical of European hotels.

1  Thank WellWornPassport
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel conforms to the standards of the Marriott hotel chain, so there were no bad surprises.
The facilities are modern and well-maintained; the hotel itself and the rooms are clean.

The breakfast is decent: good choice and good quality of the food offered.

The hotel is situated in a residential area about 15-20 minutes on foot from the center of Florence.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I had a great stay at this hotel for a week in April. We used it as a base to visit Florence as well as tour around Tuscany. The hotel is very modern in its decor and also very European. Since it became a part of the Marriott chain last year, people used to the Marriott here, expect it to be like other Marriotts. However, the hotel still retains its Italian character, which to me is a plus. The hotel staff is a bit stretched handling front desk reception along with phones and part concierge.

However, we met a young man at the front desk, Massimo, who went above and beyond his duty to make us comfortable and welcomed. He was always there with a big smile to help us with our directions, restuarant reservations and all the other questions tourists have. He made our hotel stay experience very special.

Note to GM: Jean, I have been a loyal memeber with Marriott for many years and also own Marriott property. I would like to recognize Massimo for his excellent service during our stay from April 10 through the 17th. He is an exceptional young man and the best we saw in our seven days at your hotel. Please commend him for his excellent guest services skills; he is a natural and a real asset to your hotel. As you know, it is the staff that makes or breaks the business, not the structure! Thanks.

Room Tip: The hotel is in a quiet neighborhood, so noise is not a problem. I always like high floors for the view.
1  Thank Gelatomaniac
Reviewed April 27, 2013

At best I give this dorm styled motel a poor only because the rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. For quiet and quality, it is low ended. If you don't mind hearing someone urinating on one side of your room while listening to someone on the other side dressing and walking around, you will not mind. Thank goodness nobody got "personal" during my stay. Other people coming and going on the elevator agreed, this was not a good location, noisy rooms, hearing people merely closing their doors from every end of the floor, and the service was mixed. Six nights allows for a sound review.
Quality is in the eyes of beholder and what services one expects. Cab drivers told me this was NOT a good area and watched me walk back into hotel after dropping me off.
Staff advised, "...area is safe, but ONLY WALK DOWN ONE STREET".
FYI: I was told by another Marriott in Italy, AC Marriotts are a owned by a Spanish Corp. and NOT A LUXURY CHAIN. I will NOT be staying here or any AC Marriott again.

Room Tip: Avoid having a room near elevator. Both sides of hotel have BAD views...if you wish calling them views.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business