“Not a bad experience..but not a fantastic one either”

Hilton Garden Inn Florence Novoli
Ranked #114 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed September 11, 2012

After being at Hilton Madrid Airport I was waiting for the same Hilton standard, but I was mistaken.
The staff at reception was quite helpfull in heping us to get to the center of Florence, selling us the bus tickets and helping us with directions.
At breakfast you should have more smily faces and some more healthy food, but as it was complementary we didn't have much to complain.
The hotel itself was bad located but that I knew in advance and booked the same way...it's always nice to meet the surrounding by bus! :)
The only con was the dust in the room...everyday it had dust and the windows were closed.
As I always say, everyone as their opinion and to give it you have to experience it!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
GMHILTONFLRNV, Direttore at Hilton Garden Inn Florence Novoli, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

first of all we would like to thank you for your recent stay and your comment on Tripadvisor website.
Your suggestions are extremely appreciated as they help us to continuously review our standard levels and extend the best service to all our valued guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Resident Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,426)

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We booked 3 nights in a Suite at the Novoli Garden Inn using my husband's Hilton Hhonors points. We arrived after a long, hot day in Pisa and were so happy to find that the suite (Room 101) was most spacious and comfortable. We had a full King-sized bed, a large bathroom, a sizable closet and a comfortable living room area.

The electronic blinds were a little tricky to figure out at first. It was quite a challenge to locate the under-hotel parking lot entrance as well (we mistakenly ended up underneath the municipal complex for a few hours). The breakfast was decent, and we were able to get a good hot meal before our days of touring Florence.

We did have a car, and found it wasn't nearly as bad to drive and park in Florence as others have said. With a car, it only took us about 15 minutes to get to the center of Florence. With a 15-month old, this was the only workable option for us.

Right around the hotel is a newly opened shopping mall with a grocery store, so we took advantage of that to get lunch one day as well as to stock up on goodies for the rest of our trip before we left Novoli. There is also a lovely park right across the street.

They made a good restaurant recommendation for us on our first night, at a local place about a 10-minute walk away. Our second night for dinner, we drove up to Fiesole. Our final night we walked around the corner to a local sandwich shop/bar, and had some good beer and pannini. So, I can't speak to the quality of the hotel restaurant dinner, since we only used it for breakfast.

We would certainly return to this hotel for our next visit to Florence. The size of room, cleanliness, and nice safe area were worth the 15-minute travel time to the main sites of Florence.

Room Tip: Get a suite. They are very comfortable and roomy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank wenpie

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel and for pointing out the advantages of staying in an Hilton Hotel.
Hilton Garden inn Florence Novoli is a good starting point for discovering the beauties of Florence without sacrificing the peace and tranquility!

We hope to see you soon again.

Best regards

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Nice break after and disappointing week in Rome. I was expecting a small room compared to American standards, but not true. We had a suite (there are several) at the end on the hall and it was quite sizeable; two rooms and a very nice bath. The full-Amerian breakfast was basic, but you can order from he kithen too. Very clean, nice floors and bedding. They have a complementary shuttle service to downtown and a schedule when they will pick you up. Beware, when the pickup bus is full, it's full; 55 seats I think. When # 56 walks on the bus, they are escorted off (legally cannot transport more than 55). So, if it's full, you need to go find a taxi and pay. And pay you will! Expect the scenic route and about pay about 30 euros.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BusTravelerWisconsin
GMHILTONFLRNV, Direttore at Hilton Garden Inn Florence Novoli, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

your review made us really happy and satisfied!
Thank you for taking the time to share all this important information with the Tripadvisor users!

We hope to welcome you again soon!

Best regards

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I booked this Hilton Garden as the price was reasonable and they could accomodate 4 people in one room (a junior suite) which is very rare for Europe. The suite price was only slightly higher than a normal room which is also unusual. I knew the place was outside the city center but the tradeoff is a larger and more quieter place which is what we experienced. One thing I really liked were the electronic window blinds which really darkened the room and gave us a good nights rest. The staff were all very nice and tried to solve problems - they let me use the office computer because the business center computers weren't working (this sounds like an on-going problem from other reviews)

As others have mentioned, the AC was mediocre and we actually were given different rooms at check-in because of an AC problem with the suite (which was fine with us). Poor AC is very common in Europe and I thought the Hilton Garden was okay but don't expect really cold rooms even with the AC on max.

I thought the breakfast was good, especially for Europe where some ham, bread and cheese is the norm. They had omletttes to order, waffles and other hot dishes along with a nice buffet of cold items.

We didn't use the laundry, but it is conviently located at the -1 level and they had a wash sink in the laundry room as well as machines. The parking is also really nice - a spacious garage under the hotel.

It's a nice option for Florence, especially if you're driving because going into central Florence with a car is a challenge( and it's a restricted area.) I think the issues they are having are kind of growing pains so they should get better with time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank RollingStone2

Dear Guest,

first of all I would like to thank you and I appreciate your time spent for your detailed comment.

I am sure you will understand that the satisfaction of our customers is very important to us so, thanks to your suggestions, we will take the opportune action to avoid any future lack of this kind of service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I often stay at this hotel for business reasons since its opening a few years ago, and it is my favorite in the area. Location is convenient for me, close to Firenze Nord highway exit and to the airport, however it is not in downtown Florence, but I know shuttle buses are arranged and public transport is close. The hotel is located in a brand new residential area (it was not completed when I came the previous years) and there is a nice park just in front where you can run or just walk and relax.
Rooms are very clean, spacious, décor is modern style, there is a convenient “Pantry Store” close to reception where you can buy drinks and snacks so I would not complain about the empty minibar fridge, I much better like buying fresh items myself than taking dubious aged things from a hotel minibar.
The bed is very comfortable and rooms are quite noise-proof.
There is a gym at third floor, not very big but with top brand equipment and large TV screen.
There is free internet, breakfast/dining room is very nicely decorated and there is vast choice at breakfast buffet, with option for ordering ‘real’ espresso or cappuccino served at your table instead of cheap self-service machine-made ones you often see in Italian hotels.
All the ground floor area is decorated with an international library and it is possible to borrow the books for the time of your stay (all topics from Italian art to classics to modern main authors, in English)
I sometimes have dinner here as well, level is quite good again comparing on what you can get on average Italian hotels and plenty of choices including vegetarian.
The staff is always extremely helpful and caring, sometimes I noticed when dealing with large noisy groups of guests (typical tourists to Firenze) they seem to panic a bit ;-)
Overall I always like to come back here, this hotel is one of my comfort points during a business trip in Firenze.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank ors2

Dear Guest,

your words perfectly describe the wonders of our Hotel and we would like to thank you for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor users.
We paid attention to every detail in the structure and we are happy when our customers are surprised and fascinated.

We really hope to welcome you soon!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn in Florence is a great hotel. Looks like it is a new hotel so the rooms were really nice. The service we got at the hotel was also great. The staff at the hotel was really helpful in guiding us. I will like to give a shout out to Matteo at the reception who was really helpful.

The breakfast in the morning at the restaurant was also great.

Room Tip: The hotel is not in the historic city center but taxis are available to get there easily.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank khadiya

Dear Guest,

we really thank you for your comment and for the wonderful title of your review!
It is a great satisfaction to know that we were able to make special your stay at Hilton Garden Inn Florence Novoli and I'm sure that Matteo will be so happy reading your good words!

Hoping to welcome you again

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while traveling around Europe. We decided to stay at a traditional American hotel for our time in Florence since the price was very reasonable for the area, the reviews were positive, the hotel seemed very clean based on reviews and pictures (I'm a clean freak/hotel snob), and I'm a Hilton Honors member (I have only had positive experiences with Hilton). The hotel is not located in central historic Florence, but it is a reasonable bus ride away. The bus stop is located less than a 5 minute walk from the hotel entrance and costs, if I remember correctly, 1.70 Euro per person per ride (very reasonable) which you can purchase at the hotel front desk. It will take you directly to the city center and return you to the same bus stop point. I will warn you that the bus can get very, very crowded! The taxi ride from the train station to the hotel is 10 Euro--which was reasonable since we arrived really late and didn't feel like navigating the bus system at that hour, but otherwise I would recommend taking the bus--again for 1.70 a ride. Overall, the hotel was very clean--room and bathroom (very nice bathroom!). However, my biggest "cleanliness" negative is that they do not use mattress protectors on their bed mattresses nor have them available, which was very gross to me. They claim that they have this moisture wicking wool topper for the mattresses that they check and wash regularly--whatever that means. It was so disgusting for me to think that I was sleeping on one sheet covering this topper that had other people's body sweat in it--gross!! I went down to the front desk to ask for another top sheet to at least give me another layer of protection. They were very accommodating with that, at least. Also, apparently the hotel was having a mosquito problem when we visited. We killed about 4 of them in our room and my husband got bit twice on his face while we stayed there. After the fact, we were told about the problem and that we could have requested a mosquito repelling device to plug into the electrical socket. It would have been nice to have been told this upon check-in instead of after filling out the hotel's review survey, which the hotel manager did write me back via email, which was good to know that they take pride in the hotel's upkeep and customer service. Also, the rooms aren't well-insulated, so you can hear your neighbors and people in the hallways. We were very tired so we didn't have a huge problem with that. They do have one laundry washer and dryer in the basement that you can purchase coins for 5 Euro each to use--very expensive but at least convenient since we had packed both warm and cool weather clothes but had to keep using our cool weather clothes as the temperature was unseasonably cold during that time of year. The laundry is only available during certain hours, so plan accordingly. You also may need to wait in line to use it. The front desk staff was very helpful and patient--answering the many questions that we had about the area. The breakfast buffet was fabulous in terms of a decent breakfast with variety! The coffee was amazing!! I still rave about it--it is very strong Italian coffee but doing 1/2 coffee and 1/2 cream with some sugar is fabulous! Also, their freshly squeezed juices were great as well. Some other American customers were complaining a lot about the breakfast, but we had no problems. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again for its location, helpfulness, and general cleanliness, but just be forewarned about the mattresses if you are very particularly like me.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room with a view of the church/park--very nice views!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Deborah H
GMHILTONFLRNV, Direttore at Hilton Garden Inn Florence Novoli, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

thank you very much for your recent stay with us and posting your valued comments on the
TripAdvisor website. Although we have appreciated your overall good score on the hotel we
have been worried for some of the negative comments and would like to specify specially
regard to your biggest “cleanliness” issue. The topping of our special GSS beds is 100% all-natural Australian virgin wool cover wicks moisture from the body, keeping you warm in winter, cool in summer and dry all time. According to the manufacturer indications and as per our Brand Standard, beds are regularly inspected and toppings washed and dried.

Regarding mosquitoes, specially during the period of your recent stay, they are more frequent
although upon request we provide some specific electrical appliances to plug in the rooms and
avoid inconveniences. Your feedback is very important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level
of services and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. I hope that we will be able to look
Forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Florence Novoli.

With best and kindest regards,