Leonardo House
$394
$380
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewswe stayed in a double roomtrain stationgreat locationwithin walking distanceminute walkhot waterponte vecchiohostel
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We spent just one night in this hostel, the location is perfect, the price too, but we had a problem, the hot water in the shower didn´t work, because it didn´t work in the hole district in Florence, but firstly we didn´t care because we were too tired to worry about it, but anyway I must say Leonardo was very kind, he was even worrier and more stressed than us, and he tried to solve the problem as soon as possible, finally he couldn´t but he made a good discount to us to compensate

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2013

ummh...Ok...Leonardo himself sent me an email a few days before our arrival to his hostel asking around what time we would be arriving, and he also sent me his phone #, email address, and chat address. I was not sure at that point at time exactly we would be getting there, so I didn't answer. Once we actually traveled to Italy, and we were about to leave Rome, to travel to Florence, I emailed Leonardo back, and gave him an estimate of the time of our arrival. I was VERY specific with him and told him it was an ESTIMATE, and I was not positive that this was a definitive time for us.

Once we arrived to Termini in Florence, we started trying to find this hostel and boy was it hard! we dragged our luggage around for a while, and tried to ask people around about this place, but they all spoke Italian and it was just a nightmare! finally, a very nice lady gave us detailed instructions of the street we were looking for, and although she gave it to us in Italian, she made specific signs that we were able to understand. The hostel is in a little alley that it seems no body knew about, because every person that we asked before the lady about this street, they all said they didn't know where this was. Anyways, we FINALLY were able to find the street where the hostel was located, and then the hostel, which is conveniently located about 3 blocks away from termini. I knocked in the door for a while, and no answer, I was getting worried that no body would answer the door, till finally, Leonardo himself opens the big door, and he said somewhat bothered; "you guys are late" or something along those lines. I was shocked that he even mentioned that, after I had been very specific in my email that I had sent him when I told him I was just giving him an estimated time, besides I was tired of running around with my luggage trying to find this hostel, and this dude's first words were "you guys are late". I was so upset that I decided to not even say anything back. My partner said: "yes well, we got lost"!. Unbelievable!!!

After this though, Leonardo was very helpful and nice. He actually carried my luggage upstairs - NO LIFT, and after checking in, he gave us a very nice and detailed map of Florence and he pointed out the landmarks for us. He let us payed the remaining of the room reservation with credit card, but the 2 euro tax thing that you pay every day had to be paid in cash. No lock out, he gave us the keys to our room, and the keys to the building door, that way we could go as we pleased.

What else...ok, very spacious rooms and nice big mirror in the room and many outlets to plug in your electronics. NO TV though! free wifi, the shared bathrooms were very nice, spacious and quite clean, and they didn't stay busy or anything thankfully. The one big thing that I really disliked, and that made me discount points about this place, was the fact that I guess Leonardo forgot to give us towels when we checked in and I didn't ask either. That first night there, I was actually dying to shower, and I thought there were towels either in the room or in the bathrooms, but NO! and there was no one at the reception anymore! so I had no body to ask for towels for me to be able to shower! that was a major killer for me right there! the next morning, once Leonardo was back in the reception, I went up to him and asked him about towels, and then he gave me a couple for us, but it was too late now. Also, we were there for two days, and it seems like there is no room service here because when we went out the second day of our stay there, and came back, no body had fixed the bed for us or tied things up in the room. I don't know, maybe is a hostel thing and they don't offer room service or something. Also, NO FREE BREAKFAST.

I liked that fact that there are signs around the hostel encouraging people to be quite. The hostel it self was very neat, clean, and had a common fridge and microwave, which was perfect for us cause we actually will go to the market, and bring the goodies with us to the hostel and put them in the fridge and microwave.

With all and all, I did really like this place, and I'd def. stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Leonardo was exceptionally friendly and helpful. I was with my elderly mother and he made sure we were both as comfortable as possible and knew where to go. The hotel is walking distance to so many attractions. So happy we stayed here!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RRRachana
Reviewed August 27, 2012

When just getting off of the train in Florence, you can feel a bit turned around before you even set off for where you think might be the right direction. Having trouble? Call Leonardo. During years in Europe and on this particular 3 month trip, I have never encountered anyone more helpful. Leonardo will personally meet you at the station and guide you to your accommodation. Everything was so nicely set up, you could take a shower and leave the bathroom feeling cleaner than you did going in ( not always the case with hostels ), the location is perfect and you feel completely safe ( very important for two 20 something year old girls travelling alone ). I would write a sparkling review for the Leonardo House just based on the property alone. Add Leonardo to the mix and you have one of those rare "feel good" places. Florence is amazing but I would also return just to stay at this hostel again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank rachellabe
Reviewed August 16, 2012

It isn't exactly a luxury hotel, but it is close to everything, it's very affordable, and it's clean and safe. I am usually fairly wary of shared bathroom hostel-esque places because I don't want to be woken up to techno music at 2am. But this place was quiet and the staff were extremely helpful and kind. And the shared bathrooms were clean and in good repair, and since there aren't too many rooms, we only once had to wait a few minutes to use it. We will definitely return here on our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple