“Far from city center!”
Review of Diva Hotel

Diva Hotel
Ranked #285 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in good price but located far from city center and S.M.N. Train Station and for somebodies like mi, who have the first trip to Florence and arrival at night , it is terrible because the only economic way to hotel is:
Bus Line 22
Which I couldnot find it!
The room was small, but clean the bed was clean but blanket was too dirty and poor to use!
Bathroom was good
Staff were polite and helpful
Breakfast was perfect
This hotel is suitable not for some one who has the first trip to florence and not for limited time jurnies to visit Florence attractions

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Very nice hotel, the service and staff were very courteous. Clean rooms although very minimalist. Breakfast was average, nothing special. The only downside of the hotel, is that it far 15 min bus ride from the city center, but the station is 100 meters away so it's not so bad.

Like I said, a good Value for Money Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hecht2014
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Excellent hotel! Generous continental breakfast. Clean, fragrant air-conditioned rooms. Helpful staff. High-speed internet. Easily accessible from the city center (bus, cheap). More quality restaurants nearby. I recommend it to everyone!

Room Tip: Any suitable room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bohunka Z
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We were put in the Diva Hotel, although we had originally booked a more central one (or so we thought!). It is a 20 minute bus ride to and from the city centre, which was a pain as we were unable to go back to the Hotel to shower and change for the evenings. However, this didn't bother us that much as the least time spent there the better........the rooms were small, basic and shabby as was the rest of the building and I found it quite depressing. We have never had such hard, uncomfortable beds and consequently didn't sleep at all well and our balcony overlooked the washing lines of the flats opposite. Breakfast was adequate, but the staff were very unfriendly. The only plus point thank goodness, was that the rooms were clean and the reception staff pleasant!!
Florence was amazing, but if I return I'd stay at another hotel for sure!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Seagulls56
Reviewed August 15, 2013

even before leaving home I booked the room, great location, the staff helped me because they knew zabardzo this area, the price about right for the quality, I am very happy that I could come here, the food very tasty and fresh, I recommend

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank oleczek1
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I spent 5 days in Florence and had the Diva Hotel as my home base. The rooms were cleaned everyday and all the facilities in the bathroom worked well. I especially liked the staff. They were so helpful with directions for the bus, train or restaurants. I was totally comfortable when I stayed three days alone. It was hot so I very much appreciated the air conditioning. The taxi ride to the airport was short and convenient. There was a breakfast that was filling and gratis. The only minor complaint would be that I had difficulty with the WiFi but I never went to the desk to ask for help and I'm sure they would have resolved the problem. The hotel is not luxurious but is reasonable and comfortable. I definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Carolee V
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We rented a 1 bedroom corner unit with a kitchen/dining room which has a sofa bed for our 2 kids. The rooms were relatively big compared to other hotels we stayed in with lots of cabinets for your clothes/luggage and the restroom was spacious except with such a space the shower room was so small. It was convenient that the restroom had a washing machine so we didn't have to go out to wash our clothes since we stayed 5 days there. Dry your clothes alfresco at the balcony - they provide a rack to dry your clothes. When you go back to your hotel, your clothes are dry.

The kitchen is complete with cookware, fridge, gas stove with oven. You have to wash the dishes so you don't get charged if you leave them after you check out. I always bring a pair of gloves on trips for hand washables and didn't realize they'll come in handy when I had to wash the dishes when we decided to eat in. Although the toiletries were not replaced after your first day, there is a mini grocery in front of the store to purchase them including bathroom tissue and water.

The Down side is - When we arrived I inhaled some kind of insecticide or powdery stuff (guess it was to keep the bugs away) unless it's some kind of powdery mold (never found out what it was) in the room or cabinet which gave me breathing discomfort and turned my eyes red, which I thought was pink eye/sore eyes. I told my husband I need to go to the doctor if the red in both my eyes won't go away. Thank God my eyes cleared the next day as I constantly washed my hands and eyes. I forgot to mention this to the front desk to address (am writing this review so Diva can look into it). Cause it did cause irritation in my lungs and eyes. Should be addressed. Someone might have a worse reaction than I did.

Internet is only free four (4) hours a day which is a bit of a trouble and there are spots in your room where it can work, may be it's best if there is no time limit, after all you only use the internet when you are in your room and most of the time you are out.

The staff were friendly and gives good information.

There is a common safety deposit box at the front desk.

The front desk can see the people coming in and out of the hotel because as you enter (there;s a glass wall) it's not straight away to the elevators you an immediate right and then left to the elevators. This design will let the front desk people see who comes in and out of the hotel.

The quadruple lock on the door makes you feel secure and the doors leading to the balconies have pull down shutters to block the cold and sun, if you want to sleep in.

Diva Hotel is very near the bus station and since Florence is a small city, it only takes a few minutes to be in the heart of the city. There are nearby restaurants you can walk to.

I love Italian Pizza

Room Tip: We stayed in a higher floor = think it was third and the one bedroom with adjacent kitchen/dining ro...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family