Bed & Bed Cassia
$245
$225
Official Hotel Site
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti(Florence)(Great Value!)
$170
$230
$225
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
The St. Regis Florence(Florence)
$919
$771
StRegis.com
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is not hotel at first. This is guest house with 5 rooms and one have own bathroom.
The furniture and building is very old, but still in good kondition. Bad is is ok.
Breakfast is very very poor. Look like the owner tryng save few centimes where he can do not thinking how poor service is. Coffe is OK.
For price between 25 -30 Eur per room per night will be OK. In this, 50 Eur + tax is to much.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 4, 2012

For anyone thinking of booking with this hotel or through Venere.com, please think twice. I made a booking for two nights from the 15-17th July 2012 but when I arrived there was no-one there. I attempted calling the number clearly printed on the brass plaque outside the street door, and inside the appartment block (having been let in by one of the residents). However, after an hour of waiting for some-one to arrive and of calling the number that was apparently 'out of service' I decided that I was wasting my time and that I should seek alternative accomodation as it was late in the evening. Despite my attempts to contact them by phone and e-mail I have not received any communication from them, but still been charged for the two nights. I am disgusted at the way I have been treated by this establishment. This truly is daylight robbery! Be very careful to book with reputable establishments rather than the cheapest available for all those booking online, or you too may be the subject of fraud.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else closer to the historic part of town.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Maria P
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in July 2012. The B&B offers absolute fantastic value for money. We had room 6 which had a gorgeous Romeo & Juliet style balcony. Would thoroughly recommend and hope to return soon.

The B&B is a 10 minute easy walk from the station. Although the station area itself not fantastic, the B&B is in a lovely residential area with other Italians. It is an apartment block, which we found to be charming and much more authentic than a large European hotel. We felt free to come and go as we pleased and almost as though we were renting a little room from a local! Not a huge amount in the vicinity of the B&B, but there is a delicious Italian pizza takeaway shop at the bottom of the road.

The room itself was very clean and fairly spacious. Enough room to unpack, and a little table and chairs to sit on. Bathroom (we had the ensuite) perhaps slightly dated but clean, spacious and did the job so we had no problem with it.

The staff do not live in so I would recommend providing them with your anticipated time of arrival. We actually arrived much earlier than expected, but after a call to the owner she arrived in about 5 minutes to let us in! Very impressive.

The room seemed to use old style EU plug sockets (3 pins) so unfortunately our UK/EU adaptors didn't work. There was one provided for our use (old EU to new EU) but if you do have any to bring I imagine it would be useful.

A simple breakfast is provided and there is free use of the fridge and coffee machine. We found this really useful as it meant we could have a coffee in the morning or chilled wine/drinks in the evenings before we went out for dinner. Italians often stop for a fresh croissant so if the breakfast isn't enough for you there are plenty of places to pick something up. At the price of the room, it was a massive plus that any breakfast was provided!

We originally booked to stay at the B&B Peterson but were told we had been moved to B&B Cassia. Although I wasn't too impressed with that, I decided to let it go and I'm pleased I did. The room was authentic, clean and spacious.

If you don't like to walk far, I would recommend hiring bikes for the duration of your stay in order to get around the city. We did a combination of walking and cycling. One night we got a taxi from the station to the B&B (we didn't fancy walking past the station and less nice areas at night) which was 10 euros. Much cheaper (and much more Italian style!) to hire a bike!

If you're looking for a good value, authentic Italian place to stay - this is it!! If you want a large hotel with hundreds of other Europeans visiting and a huge buffet style breakfast, this won't suit you. Personally, I can't think of anything worse than the latter!

We will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: Take old style EU plus adaptor if possible. Room 6 had a gorgeous balcony - the only one to do so I believe.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ajp124
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Pro's:
Friendly staff (no English but could make herself understood)
15 mins walking to the station, 20-25 to the Duomo
Free wifi

Con's:
On the 2nd floor
When we arrived no one was in - there's a number on the wall to ring but this number was no longer in service. We were very lucky I had my reservation sheet which had an alternative number on it to ring (and I guess luckier still we had a phone to call it on)
Rooms are not in great condition (old painted furniture and marks on the walls) and small

Other info:
Breakfast is a croissant/biscotti/water supply from a basket in your room.
There is a shared fridge and coffee maker
The neighbours below on one side have written a notice to tourists not to make too much noise!
Really very, very, hard to get to by car if you don't have sat nav - the one way streets ensure you have to have a great knowledge of Florene's roads.

I would probably have stayed in one of their rooms as a student sharing with others, it's not really suitable for families. I would also say if you're going to get taxi's from town then pay more and stay closer to the centre as the taxi's have to negotiate the one way system and are expensive as a result.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jim L
Reviewed July 5, 2012

we arrived there at 9 p.m and waited nearly two hours to enter the B&B. and they gave us a room different than our reservation. Everthing is bad about this B&B except the woman working there was kind. I won't suggest this place to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple