“Really did not live up to expectations”

Tornabuoni Suites Collection
Ranked #13 of 301 Specialty Lodging in Florence
London, United Kingdom
“Really did not live up to expectations”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Although the room was in a very central location I was really unimpressed. The room decor was tatty, the tv did not work and was hanging off the wall - reported it and nothing happened. The double room was very small, much smaller than a hotel room. Facilities were poor with no coffee or milk with the making stuff. The woman who showed us the room just just unable to help as apparently it should have been sorted by the cleaners. Was told someone would fix the tv but nobody.did. The room was next to an office and above a bank in a commercial building. Very noisy with drunk people late at night, early hours and woken up at dawn by the street cleaners and rubbish collectors. Need I say more...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
tornabuonisuites, Manager at Tornabuoni Suites Collection, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, I very much appreciate them and I am apologetic that I was not made aware of your state during your stay. Had I been on duty or informed I would have immediately at the very least have upgraded you to a Suite.
Unfortunately the room you choose was our only non Suite, the Doubleroom (which we have now let go of and no longer manage).
It was the only double room we had as we specialize in Suites and even though all Suites vary in size and facilities, the Doubleroom was very basic and I am very sorry to hear that it was not in the best state whilst you stayed in it. Like I have mentioned we no longer manage that room, and all of our Suites are managed to the highest standard in our ability to ensure the greatest comfort and pleasure for our guests.
I hope that should you ever return to Florence you will seek me out by contacting me directly info@tornabuonisuites.com so that we can discuss your situation in person and arrange some compensation for the unfortunate discomfort experienced.

Nevertheless I wish you a happy festive season and hope to hear from you in the New Year.

Camilla Jackson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Arcachon, France
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was our second trip to Florence staying with Tournabuoni Suites. We were happy the first time and even happier the second. Their suites are centrally located, a few minutes walk from any of the main attractions, as well as restaurants. The units are well-decorated, roomy and afford a tremendous view, depending on the suite (in our case, the aptly named Belvedere Suite). The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating, in spite of our occasional unusual requests.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank RBurrage
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your return experience with us as much as the first time. You are right to state that every Suite is different and the Belvedere you were in has the most incredible views, so I am pleased if you enjoyed it.
I hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you and your family back one day.

Warm regards and I wish you a happy festive season.

Gold Coast
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I and a group of friends recently stayed at the Tornabuoni Suites in Florence and we were absolutely delighted with our choice of accommodation. We booked 3 suites including the apartment, the penthouse and a double suite. All the rooms were spacious and spotlessly clean. They are situated in the heart of Florence in an upmarket area, surrounded by designer stores and fabulous restaurants. Everything to see in Florence is within walking distance. Our friend Amanda arrived before our party joined her, and our extremely gracious host Camilla went above and beyond professionalism and friendliness to make Amanda feel secure and comfortable. This in a gorgeous complex, which I highly recommend. Thank you.

Room Tip: The apartment is ideal for 2 x couples travelling together.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
tornabuonisuites, Manager at Tornabuoni Suites Collection, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Flossy

I am so pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us, as you celebrated your special birthday so far from home.
Amanda is a delight of a person and a joy to assist, so it was only with great pleasure that I assisted her when she needed.
I hope the rest of your travels were as wonderful and we have the opportunity in welcoming you back one day, and not just for your birthday..:)
I wish you all the best.

Manchester, UK
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Nice place. Brilliant location, very comfy bed, nicely fitted out with original features. We were upgraded to a very spacious suit with kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom. Decent free Wifi and LCD TVs (although mostly Italian channels). This is not a hotel, so if you are into the hotel thing this is probably not for you, but if you are an independent traveller and want a bit of luxury (at a fraction of the price of the high end hotels), this is certainly for you. A great host in Camilla who recommended excellent restaurants, cafés and trips.

Room Tip: The suites are spread across Via Tornabuoni so make sure you know which one you are booking if you w...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Chris

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay whilst celebrating your girlfriend's birthday in the heart of Florence.
You are right, we are not a typical hotel, however we offer the best comfort we can and as we are based in such a prime location, all you need as you experienced, is within a few minutes walking distance.
I am always happy to give local tips and insight, and I am pleased you benefitted from them.
I hope we have the pleasure in hosting you again one day.
All the best

El Sheikh Zayed
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We recently stayed for 3 nights at this lovely suite. The location is superb. You're inside the great museum city of Florence few steps away from all the attraction. Surrounded by lovely boutiques and great restaurants & bistros....fantastic.
The suites are well equipped with nice contemporary furniture & very clean.

Room Tip: You have to let them know your arrival time as they don't have a reception.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
tornabuonisuites, Manager at Tornabuoni Suites Collection, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at Tornabuoni Suites. We are extrememly fortunate to be able to offer every amentity within a few minutes walking distance as we are based so centrally.
I hope you had a good onward journey and I have the pleasure in welcoming you back again one day.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

You are truly on your own and it felt as if it was our own Florentine apartment. I can only wish.

It is so centrally located and many good restaurants as well as popular sights are within easy walking distance.

If you wanted a full-service hotel with a 24-hour reception desk, this would not be the place for you. That said, Camilla and her team are very prompt with their e-mail replies so there was never a problem especially with restaurant reservations which are necessary.

Do note that there are at least three flights of stairs to the apartment so be ready to heave your luggage up.

1 Thank GermaineCL
tornabuonisuites, Manager at Tornabuoni Suites Collection, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, I much appreciate them.
Your apartment was one of two that are up many stairs.One is the Belevdere - the one with amazing views, and the other the Double Luxury Suite. Usually the porter is available and ready to assit in carry bags up, but unfortunately he was not available at the hour you came.

We try to give you as much independance to explore Florence from a 'home away from home' atmosphere as possible, and at the same time as you felt I am always available via email should you need any additional support or advice.

I am pleased you had a lovely stay and I hope you had a safe and happy onward journey.
I look forward to having the pleasure in hosting you again.

Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was a great experience! Location is just as good as everyone describes and Camilla is truly a fantastic host. They are lucky to have her!

My only complaint is that we had to leave :-( Thank you for the excellent lunch and dinner recommendations! I am still thinking of that eggplant :-)

Room Tip: make sure to match up photos to specific apt you are selecting, they are labeled but easy to miss
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a lovely review and I am so pleased you appreciated my restaurant suggestions.
You are right to advise that one looks at the photos of the rooms when choosing, as they all vary in size, shape and facilities. Some have kitchens and balconies and others are without. Ultimately however the quality of the furnishing and of the suites, are all of the same standard to ensure your comfort during your stay.
It was my pleasure to host you and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Warm regards and best wishes