“Nice place”

Ranked #14 of 305 Specialty Lodging in Florence
Manchester, UK
“Nice place”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Nice place. Brilliant location, very comfy bed, nicely fitted out with original features. We were upgraded to a very spacious suit with kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom. Decent free Wifi and LCD TVs (although mostly Italian channels). This is not a hotel, so if you are into the hotel thing this is probably not for you, but if you are an independent traveller and want a bit of luxury (at a fraction of the price of the high end hotels), this is certainly for you. A great host in Camilla who recommended excellent restaurants, cafés and trips.

Room Tip: The suites are spread across Via Tornabuoni so make sure you know which one you are booking if you w...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
tornabuonisuites, Manager at Tornabuoni Suites Collection, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Chris

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay whilst celebrating your girlfriend's birthday in the heart of Florence.
You are right, we are not a typical hotel, however we offer the best comfort we can and as we are based in such a prime location, all you need as you experienced, is within a few minutes walking distance.
I am always happy to give local tips and insight, and I am pleased you benefitted from them.
I hope we have the pleasure in hosting you again one day.
All the best

Camilla Jackson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We recently stayed for 3 nights at this lovely suite. The location is superb. You're inside the great museum city of Florence few steps away from all the attraction. Surrounded by lovely boutiques and great restaurants & bistros....fantastic.
The suites are well equipped with nice contemporary furniture & very clean.

Room Tip: You have to let them know your arrival time as they don't have a reception.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
tornabuonisuites, Manager at Tornabuoni Suites Collection, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at Tornabuoni Suites. We are extrememly fortunate to be able to offer every amentity within a few minutes walking distance as we are based so centrally.
I hope you had a good onward journey and I have the pleasure in welcoming you back again one day.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

You are truly on your own and it felt as if it was our own Florentine apartment. I can only wish.

It is so centrally located and many good restaurants as well as popular sights are within easy walking distance.

If you wanted a full-service hotel with a 24-hour reception desk, this would not be the place for you. That said, Camilla and her team are very prompt with their e-mail replies so there was never a problem especially with restaurant reservations which are necessary.

Do note that there are at least three flights of stairs to the apartment so be ready to heave your luggage up.

1 Thank GermaineCL
tornabuonisuites, Manager at Tornabuoni Suites Collection, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, I much appreciate them.
Your apartment was one of two that are up many stairs.One is the Belevdere - the one with amazing views, and the other the Double Luxury Suite. Usually the porter is available and ready to assit in carry bags up, but unfortunately he was not available at the hour you came.

We try to give you as much independance to explore Florence from a 'home away from home' atmosphere as possible, and at the same time as you felt I am always available via email should you need any additional support or advice.

I am pleased you had a lovely stay and I hope you had a safe and happy onward journey.
I look forward to having the pleasure in hosting you again.

Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was a great experience! Location is just as good as everyone describes and Camilla is truly a fantastic host. They are lucky to have her!

My only complaint is that we had to leave :-( Thank you for the excellent lunch and dinner recommendations! I am still thinking of that eggplant :-)

Room Tip: make sure to match up photos to specific apt you are selecting, they are labeled but easy to miss
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a lovely review and I am so pleased you appreciated my restaurant suggestions.
You are right to advise that one looks at the photos of the rooms when choosing, as they all vary in size, shape and facilities. Some have kitchens and balconies and others are without. Ultimately however the quality of the furnishing and of the suites, are all of the same standard to ensure your comfort during your stay.
It was my pleasure to host you and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Warm regards and best wishes

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed September 18, 2013

とても便利で、車はタクシーなどしか通らない静かな通りにあります。最初に鍵を受け取ってしまえば、最後まで自分のアパートメント感覚で出たり入ったりできた(掃除やベッドメイキングはしてくれます)ので、気楽に過ごせました。初日に着く時間を知らせて、現地で落ち合うという手間はあり、しかも私たちの飛行機のトラブルで夜遅くの到着になりましたが、ちゃんと待っていてくれて対応してくれました。レストランなども紹介してくれて助かりました。ただ、夜遅くに若者が騒いでいたので、それは気になったところです。たまたまかもしれませんが…

My mother and I stayed at Tornabuoni Suites last week ,and We enjoyed staying there . Esecially Camilla help us to be more comfortable in Florence. Because troubles of our flight, we arrived more than 3 hours late .However her smile and kind consideration ,we felt quite relieved.

The hotel is centrally center of Florence , and we can walk to almost places.This isn't a full service hotel, but the room was large and clean and Wi-Fi worked good.There is a nice cafe near there.I highly recommend this hotel.

But mention to one, via Tornabuoni is very quiet during the day, however young people were noisy until midnight. It might be only the day..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
tornabuonisuites, Manager at Tornabuoni Suites Collection, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
I am so pleased to have been able to have assisted in your comfort and stay whilst with us.
I do however apologize for any noise at night, you were with us during a uniquely busy period in Florence and in your Suite your room was on the road side. I can assure you that most of the time Via Tornabuoni is peaceful at night and the majority of our Suites have the bedrooms on the inter side and consequently are peaceful.
Nevertheless I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and I hope we will have the opportunity in welcoming you back one day.
I hope the rest of your travels with your mother were as lovely.

Northern California
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Imagine cobblestone streets where horse drawn carriages parade in front of beautiful historic churches and top fashion design showrooms (Prada, Gucci, Tiffany, Burberry and many more), you’re nestled in a grand Florentine building at the Tornabuoni apartments.

Our family of four (two teenagers) was welcomed to Florence in a beautiful fifth floor, one bedroom apartment with views of the city and Tuscany hills. The quiet building, away from the busy tourist areas, provided a restful and comfortable accommodation. Our Belevedere Suite with a small kitchen, living room and bedroom was quite spacious, air conditioned (hot Summer days) and very close, walking distance, to all of Florence’s landmarks, museums and transportation.

Ziva, the property representative, welcomed us, explained the apartment’s features and answered many of our questions. Their office was nearby if we needed anything. The secure building hosts retail stores and offices in the lower floors with security personnel in the lobby. Overall, the apartment was perfect for our family and competitively/attractively priced.

We were in awe of Florence, it’s beautiful city, the Arno river and art/architecture masterpieces. I would highly recommend walking across the Arno to dine in many of the local restaurants in the Oltrarno area, near Piazza Santo Spirito for fabulous meals and friendly locals.

We highly recommend Tornabuoni Suites to fully experience the captivating Florence and can’t wait till our next visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sanseimom
Thank you for your kind review. It was our pleasure to host you and we hope to have the opportunity again one day.
Warm Regards

Manager
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel is just fantastic! During my trip to Italy, I stayed here twice, to start and end my trip. The first night was just great - very comfortable and beautiful room, wonderful location, and then my last two nights were EVEN BETTER! We got a rooftop suite, which was simply amazing. I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat.

The staff at the hotel is very accommodating and attentive and kind. The price is excellent. I truly can't say anything bad about this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooftop suite!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NARoberts
tornabuonisuites, Manager at Tornabuoni Suites Collection, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Mr Roberts

It was our pleasure to welcome you back and we are thrilled that you had such a lovely stay in our apartment-hotel. We look forward to having the opportunity in welcoming you back one day.

Camilla