On our second leg of the trip we returned to Florence for a few more evenings and stayed at this boutique hotel. You just can't beat the location on the Piazza Signoria, the minute you walk out the door you are caught up in the sights, smells and crowds of this lovely city.
I was concerned about the noise at this hotel as shortly after I made the reservation they sent me an email explaining that their buildings historical facade had slipped and they would be repairing it during the time we were staying there. My first thought was, how often do you hear of a facade slipping? They offered us an upgrade to an apartment, though it didn't have a view of the piazza, and a rate reduction. I felt that was generous and decided to stay anyway.
It is a small hotel with limited staff that aren't available all the time. You enter off the street into a long hall and head up to the 1st floor to reception which is really just a small room. Unfortunately the neighbor had sewer issues so it was pretty stinky in the hall but the smell didn't make it past there.
They weren't ready for us to check-in even though we had kept them updated on our arrival time so we left our bags and headed out for lunch while they cleaned the room. Though this is a historical building the rooms are decorated in a contemporary style. Ours was an apartment so it was large with a kitchenette, sitting area, large beautiful bathroom and bedroom. The decor is natural woods and stone with white furniture and linens, a bit sparse but very comfortable.
The views were over the rooftops to the Uffizi on one side and the hills surrounding Florence on the other. The sunsets were pretty spectacular!
Other than the first day we didn't really see any staff until we checked out. I believe they offered breakfast coupons for the cafe next door as there's no on-site restaurant.
It is a nice boutique hotel, if we hadn't had the upgrade I think it would have been a bit overpriced for the services. I would stay here again due to the quality of the rooms and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relais Piazza Signoria, a discreet welcome in a unique location in Florence. Is a dream vacation a question of your point of view? All our Studio Deluxe and Studio Executive apartments face the Piazza della Signoria giving you an unforgettable view.The Attic/Penthouse is the ONLY apartment with private terrace. All type of apartment description are detailed regarding amenities and type of View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Relais Piazza Signoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Piazza Signoria Florence
- Relais Piazza Signoria Hotel Florence