“Accademia and Uffizzi Tours”

Artviva: The Original & Best Tours Italy
Book In Advance
More Info
$33.04*
and up
Fascinating Florence: Guided Walking Tour
Ranked #4 of 339 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Acclaimed since 1996 for our great guides and tours, we offer the original, small-group Best of Tuscany tour, as well as wonderful guided tours of Florence, Venice, Rome and the Cinque Terre. Our tours are high-quality, entertaining, informative and fun! We love sharing Italy on a more personal level and with our small group sizes, we refuse to make you feel like a tourist. Our highly-qualified guides are passionate, have a sense of humour and enjoy bringing history to life. They include historians, aristocrats, wine makers, art sleuths, well-known journalists, guide writers, as well as talented artists and authors. What’s more, we are an ASTA approved, fully-licensed tour operator. We promise we are anything but ordinary, and we guarantee we are the Original & Best.
Asheboro, North Carolina, United States
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Accademia and Uffizzi Tours”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This was our first trip to florence and we have to say that our two booked tours were well worth the price. The tour guides were extremely knowledgeable and personable. The Accademia tour was done I. The evening and focused almost exclusively on the David sculpture. The guide was extremely knowledgeable and helped us see things we would not have even noticed had we done the tour on our own. While there were other exhibits, we do not feel we were "shortchanged" in any way as the tour lasted about an hour and a half which included the walk from the tour office to the museum.

The tour of the Uffizi was equally rewarding. Our guide Brenda was very knowledgeable of the paintings and took us to the more meaningful works of art. While her narrative was very interesting and through, we were a bit disappointed that we did not get any information about any of the many sculptures in the museum. This would have been nice to include although the tour did last over 2 hours plus the time it took to do the unplanned evacuation drill.

As a reminder, there are 4 very steep and long flights of steps to get to the top floor of the Uffizzi. If you are not physically able, you really need to take the elevator.

I strongly recommend that these tours not be done on the same day. Also, these are not tours suitable for children under the age of 16 as the content is detailed and will not be meaningful for them.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Steve J

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must-do while in Florence”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I did the bike trip through Florence and part of Tuscany with some college friends during our 4 days in Florence. It was amazing! The guide was charming and funny, the sights were unbelievable, the biking was a great work out, and the wine tasting and lunch was absolutely delicious. If you like active-travel this trip is a necessity during your time in Florence! Hands down my favorite thing I did while traveling in Italy!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Haley C
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Florence walking tour”
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I took the three hour walking tour by myself while traveling with my husband on his business trip. It gave me a great sense of the lay of the land in Florence. Our guide was Brenda, who was absolutely brilliant. On this particular day in November, there were five people on our tour. I'd highly reconnect this company, and especially this tour.

1 Thank Debbie R
Melbourne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Best of Tuscany tour - brilliant”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I'm a solo traveller and recently did the 'Best of Tuscany' tour with guide Nadia - absolutely brilliant day and the highlight of my trip. Travelling solo can be a bit tricky when joining tour groups but Artviva's small group tour coupled with Nadia's genuineness and knowledge through story-telling brought the group together (from all walks of life) for a very special experience.

Visited November 2013
4 Thank StKildaCat
Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Loved Walk About Florence Tour”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We did the Florence in a Day or 2 Tour and loved the Walk about Florence tour with Charles. Charles was an excellent tour guide. The tour was entertaining, well paced and not too crowded. I would definitely recommend this tour 5 stars. The Uffizi Gallery and Original David tour were good and our guide was very knowledgeable and professional. On reflection I personally would have preferred to do these tours at my own pace and therefore only rated these tours a 4, even though they were well. run.

Visited October 2013