The location of this hotel is good. You can walk to most places that you will want to see in Florence from here very quickly. The hotel is trying to be artsy, but frankly is the art just looks cheap and tacky. The pictures on the webpage make it look at lot classier than it really is.
The front desk manager was a pompous and arrogant. He literally had his nose in the air when he spoke to us (FYI...the gal who worked the afternoon shift was the exact opposite...very helpful). When we asked if he could confirm/check on our reservation at the Uffizi, first he made some excuse about why he couldn't, then he said he would and confirm to us in the afternoon. Well he didn't bother did he? He also told us that there's no way we would need a reservation for the Galleria dell'Accadamia (which we found out had a min of a 3 hour queue everyday)...read lazy...he couldn't be bothered to help out at all. We did manage to get this all sorted/booked later in the day with the young lady behind the desk who was very pleasant.
There was also a young (sounded English) fella at the hotel who brought our bags up. He was very friendly and helpful.
Be prepared for tiny rooms. They are clean, but small.
Oh, and the AC may not work. Ours didn't, so we had to sleep with the windows open. No biggie, except: we got eaten alive by mosquitos & the hotel had a private party with a very loud band that went on until the wee hours one night. Usually, we wouldn't care at all, but we had a train to catch the next morning. In our opinion throwing a noisy private party at the hotel until late in the evening is pretty rude to your guests who are paying for a restful night's sleep.
What I found most amusing was that upon check out they actually ask you to go on Trip Advisor to rate them...that's not particularly funny in itself, but the fact that they actually ask you to rate them a 5* amused me immensely...sorry guys, but you have a few things to work on first, ie. have the gal work the front desk all the time...that other fella is a snooty jerk!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Borghese Palace Art Hotel offers a free wellness centre, and uniquely decorated rooms blending antique furniture and modern-style décor. Set in a 15th-century building, it is a 5-minute walk from Florence Cathedral.Rooms are uniquely decorated with original works of contemporary art and include an LCD TV with Sky channels. Wired internet is free in the rooms while Wi-Fi is free in public areas. Breakfast includes fresh fruit and croissants.The wellness centre is set in original 13th-century cellars. Relaxation facilities include jacuzzi, a steam bath,a hot tub and a sauna. A fitness room is also available.Ponte Vecchio and the Uffizi Gallery are 650 metres away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Borghese Palace Art Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borghese Palace Art Florence
- Hotel Borghese Palace Art