Having stayed the night in this good looking Hotel well placed in Florence I am amazed it is able to sustain its rating. Lets be clear on a couple of things, it was freezing in the junior suite we had for our room and the reason according to reception is because the room was so big. They gave us a tiny fan heater but you cannot leave them on all night of course. the cold was not because it was actually cold and the heating didnt work of course. In the morning when we briefed the daytime team that the night had been really cold they checked the thermostat and said its 24, well since all morning we had the fan heater on once we were awake and the fact it was no longer the middle of the night seems to have been ignored in their justifying the room temperature throughout out stay.
The Jacuzzi by the way is also their swimming pool, weird since it was barely medium size and there is no way you could swim, but anyway it was out of order, but its being fixed just as soon as we leave, they actually asked us what time we were checking out before saying that was just before the maintenance were coming, the impression we got was that It had been out of order so far this year so bit of a coincidence.
They gave us 20% off, but at 270 € per night they had plenty of room to do that I think.
Certainly a great place to stay if you wish to argue each point you make, but not value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Borghese Palace Art Hotel offers a free wellness centre, and uniquely decorated rooms blending antique furniture and modern-style décor. Set in a 15th-century building, it is a 5-minute walk from Florence Cathedral.Rooms are uniquely decorated with original works of contemporary art and include an LCD TV with Sky channels. Wired internet is free in the rooms while Wi-Fi is free in public areas. Breakfast includes fresh fruit and croissants.The wellness centre is set in original 13th-century cellars. Relaxation facilities include jacuzzi, a steam bath,a hot tub and a sauna. A fitness room is also available.Ponte Vecchio and the Uffizi Gallery are 650 metres away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Borghese Palace Art Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borghese Palace Art Florence
- Hotel Borghese Palace Art