“Like staying with family”

and 1 more site!
Gourmet Giglio Bianco B&B
Ranked #144 of 675 Florence B&B and Inns
Salt Lake City
“Like staying with family”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I stayed 2 nights with Vary and Eduardo--and it was a great experience. Vary cooked a special dinner for me the first night, and it was SO delicious. The next day I did cooking lessons with Vary where we made gnocchi, fresh pasta and tiramasu. That was one of the highlights of my entire vacation. I've already been out shopping looking for all the supplies to replicate my lessons here at home.

I stayed in the red room, which is very large and has a giant flat screen tv and dvd player. The bathroom had a pedestal sink and a shower. Plenty of fluffy towels were available.

The B&B is near the Pitti Palace and the Boboli Gardens (just walk over the Ponte Vecchio and keep walking and you'll come to the inn on the right hand side of the street). It was a bit too far to walk from the train station, and it was about a 10 euro cab ride. Its an easy stroll into the center of Florence.

Eduardo and Vary take good care of you while you are there. They booked a day trip for me to Sienna, San Gimignano and Chianti which was fabulous (and I got a discount too). They also recommended that I buy my train ticket to Rome at the travel agency across the street--wise, since it cost me only 1.50 euro extra to do that and the lines at the train station for both the machines and the window were very, very long.

If you like B&B's, this is one you will love! Thank you!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank slc_singer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed April 14, 2012

My husband and I took a week long vacation to France and Italy. Our favorite place hands down was Giglio Bianco B&B. This establishment is more than amazing! It felt so homey and clean. The bed in our room was so comfortable. After a long day of sightseeing this is the place that you want to come back to!

Located in a wonderful location the hosts, Vary and Edo couldn't be any nicer. They work so hard to make sure you are happy and truly enjoy your stay.

We were comparing every other establishment during our trip to this B&B and let me tell you none of them even came close. I can't recommend this place enough. I promise you won't be disappointment.

I did take the cooking class and now know how to make wonderful pasta. Don't miss out and book now!!! You can contact me directly with any questions.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Maroc17
Salisbury, Maryland
Reviewed April 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for the last 2 nights of our France/Italy vacation. It was perfect. Edo and Vary were amazing hosts, so warm and welcoming. It was the most comfortable bed that we slept on out of our entire trip and the location was fantastic to explore Firenze. And the dinner...I'm still having dreams about our dinner prepared by Chef Vary on the last night. It was absolutely amazing! Five delicious, unique courses and we didn't leave a single crumb on either of our plates!
I would absolutely recommend this for anyone traveling to the area. It was like a home away from home, with much better food! Thank you Edo and Vary for such an amazing end to our vacation. We will see you again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank emmy_eagle
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We had a lovely stay at Giglio Bianco this spring. The location was great: 5-10 minute walk from the Piazza Signoria via the Ponte Vecchio, and in a quieter more residential area. Our room was spotless and very comfortable. Vary and Edo were fantastic hosts, gave us some great suggestions, and even helped us make arrangements after we had left. We ate dinner there on our last night and it was one of the best meals of our trip.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jane F
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed February 15, 2012

This B&B has it all - a great location and great food at a very reasonable price - be sure to arrange a dinner (or three!) w/ Chef Vary. The bedrooms were really quiet at night - a pleasant surprise! Vary was a wealth of knowledge about where to go, what to see, where to eat, etc. We have done quite a bit of traveling in Italy as a family in the past two years and this was our favorite trip by far! We were there between Christmas and New Year's eve 2011 and it was a great time of year to visit Florence and Tuscany. Vary and Edo are a really lovely couple and made sure that our stay with them was great.

Room Tip: Both rooms are great!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We visited Florence last january 2012. We were in four, my wife, two daughters, of 9 and 12, and I. We decided to stay in Giglio Bianco after reading some reviews and see photos in the internet. We loved the idea to stay in a small hotel in contact with an italian chef. It was much more than this! The hotel is located in Via Romana that is excellent to get in and out Florence by car. It is close to a parking car and the access to others cities, like Siena and San Gimignano, is easier too (well located). It was the right choice. In fact our good experience began before our flight from Brazil to Italy, when we received and e-mail from Vary and Edo asking about our kids food preferences. Rooms were great and food perfect. The special dinner is really special! From GB to the center of Florence takes few minutes walking on charming streets with beautiful views. Besides these good things, Vary and Edoardo are super! They help us with a lot of tips and booking places we visited during our trip. We stayed for three nights and we recommend a lot Giglio Bianco. Our kids loved too!

Jose Roberto, Heloisa, Julia and Sofia

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Josegamaa
Northridge,CA
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Stayed 4 nights at Giglio Bianco B&B in Florence in the middle of January. It's located close to everything, ponte vecchio is less than a 5 minute walk. Vary & Edo help with everything. They went out of their way to make sure we had an amazing stay, including recommending tours, helping with luggage, and restaurant recommendations. Their restaurant recommendations were great. All places with more locals than tourists. The best was taking part in Vary's cooking class where we learned how to make pumpkin ravioli and tiramisu. After we had our own private 5 course meal made by Vary. Hands down the best meal in Italy we ate. The B&B itself has 2 large roooms. Wi-fi worked great, better than a lot of hotels. We stayed in the red room. It was that rustic Italian feel with all of the modern amenities. No doubt the best sleep we had our whole trip. Staying here is like staying with family. We can't wait to go back again :) Thanks Vary & Edo for everything and making our stay in Florence so magical!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple