I stayed 2 nights with Vary and Eduardo--and it was a great experience. Vary cooked a special dinner for me the first night, and it was SO delicious. The next day I did cooking lessons with Vary where we made gnocchi, fresh pasta and tiramasu. That was one of the highlights of my entire vacation. I've already been out shopping looking for all the supplies to replicate my lessons here at home.
I stayed in the red room, which is very large and has a giant flat screen tv and dvd player. The bathroom had a pedestal sink and a shower. Plenty of fluffy towels were available.
The B&B is near the Pitti Palace and the Boboli Gardens (just walk over the Ponte Vecchio and keep walking and you'll come to the inn on the right hand side of the street). It was a bit too far to walk from the train station, and it was about a 10 euro cab ride. Its an easy stroll into the center of Florence.
Eduardo and Vary take good care of you while you are there. They booked a day trip for me to Sienna, San Gimignano and Chianti which was fabulous (and I got a discount too). They also recommended that I buy my train ticket to Rome at the travel agency across the street--wise, since it cost me only 1.50 euro extra to do that and the lines at the train station for both the machines and the window were very, very long.
If you like B&B's, this is one you will love! Thank you!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- White Lily Gourmt B & B is the right choice if you're foodies! Our B & B was founded in 2005 and includes a cooking school managed and directed by Varinia (Chef. Chef Vary). We offer two comfortable and romantic rooms. Antique furniture and modern art from some of our families. The rooms are equipped with private bathroom with all the amenities you desire. Additional services espresso coffee (Nespresso) and tea 24 hours, phone calls to Italy, Canada and America free, high-speed Internet throughout the hotel, maps, guides in many languages. But if you have chosen is because you foodies! Breakfast offers 25 choices freshly prepared on your order includes specialties gluten free, vegetarian and vegan! we invite you to visit our website and to Vary chef! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Gourmet Giglio Bianco B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Giglio Bianco Hotel Florence
- Giglio Bianco Bed And Breakfast