“Not Great”

OR
Ranked #1,006 of 3,237 Restaurants in Florence
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Giovanni
Description: A magical and unique place just a stone's throw away from the Duomo in the heart of Florence's historical centre, where you can discover, experience, taste and buy high-quality Italian gastronomy products and wines. Eataly Florence offers a true gastronomic experience, in a fascinating and wonderful space, where you can: drink an excellent coffee at our Bar, have an aperitivo with a view of the Baptistry, eat lunch or dinner at either our Piazza or our Restaurant, buy freshly baked products at our Bakery, experience a Cooking Class or Course, visit our Wine Cellar, purchase excellencies from all over Italy, organize a private event or an original birthday, and much, much more!
Reviewed July 21, 2019 via mobile

Eataly made it’s fame by having others serving great food inside their markets. Here they serve themselves and not great.
I had better marguerita pizza back home. The tables are super small and eating is difficult. First and last time, as there are better options in Florence.

1  Thank BrazilACA
Write a reviewReviews (1,771)

Reviewed July 15, 2019 via mobile

I love Eataly. I’ve been to the one in States and in Rome and have had a great experience. The one in Florence was awful. The food was not cooked properly and my pasta had no taste to it. The spaghetti was undercooked and my sons pizza was raw in the middle. It was hard to call the waitress. She seemed overworked and stress. I don’t really blame her because she was alone with a full room. I had been to this one 4 years ago and had a bad experience too. I went back thinking maybe it’s better. It wasn’t.

1  Thank Adriana76110
Reviewed July 14, 2019 via mobile

We tried the Florence steak . Excellent! Good wines and good service . A good menu options for kids and flexible with their choices . No time wasted in queues.

Reviewed July 7, 2019 via mobile

It is tooooo good.
So many breakfast options so fresh and tasty . Our favourite was at the last end of the shop inside ... different breads stuffed with different options. We loved the ham and olives and the ham and cheese. TOO GOOD

Reviewed July 6, 2019

This place is a gourmet food market with a restaurant. The restaurant is excellent but the stickout point is the shop. I asked for anchovies among the 20 varieties they had and they bought out the anchovy expert who pointed out the masterpiece. Next I asked for the secret special foods I'd never spot myself and I ended up with pistachio paste, truffle and basil and caramel spread all of which are masterpieces and will make great gifts.

1  Thank David M