All reviews arno river ponte vecchio salvatore ferragamo family suite superior suite ferragamo toiletries ferragamo hotel living room lungarno collection sister hotel amazing hotel moment you arrive the check in process special thanks amazing room concierge staff hotel experience
Reviewed October 3, 2016

From the moment we got out of our car we were treated like royalty. This hotel knows what service is! What a treat when checking in not having to go to a typical front desk like in every other hotel. They sit you down on comfy chairs, bring you a beverage and check you in while you are sipping away on champagne. To our surprise we were upgraded (at no additional charge) to an amazing room with a bathroom large enough to fit most European hotel rooms in. The staff always had a smile on their face and were more than willing to assist in any way possible. It was hands down our most enjoyable stay while visiting Italy! I would highly recommend staying here. You won't be disappointed!! I have to give a big shout out to Mateo and Leonardo who were especially kind during our stay!

Date of stay: September 2016
Reviewed October 3, 2016 via mobile

I cannot say enough about the incredible staff at the Portrait Firenze. I would like to give special mention to Baha. He went above and beyond to make our trip special. He recommended fabulous restaurants and made sure we had great tables. He would always check back with us the next morning to make sure we had a good experience. Additionally, on very short notice he planned a day trip for us to Siena which was very memorable.

On our last day in Italy, we took the train from Florence to Rome where we had rooms booked at the Portrait Rome. Baha had called ahead so that when we arrived they expected us and we were greeted warmly (a bottle of Proseco delivered later that evening at just the right time didn't hurt). We will look forward to coming back to Italy but in the meantime we are thankful for the wonderful memories. Ciao!

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 3, 2016

I stayed here with my teenage daughter for a mother/daughter trip from July 25-29, 2016. It was a great experience, and I am quite a picky traveler. The staff were courteous and beyond helpful. The location is absolutely IDEAL in the midst of all the main attractions in Florence. Will be back!

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2016

We have been fortunate to be able to stay in a number of wonderful resorts over the years and this hotel by far rivals any to date. From the train station transfer to the moment we arrived the experience was nothing short of first class with an abundance of personal attention. The entire "Portrait Team" was always working - without being pushy - to make sure every aspect of your stay was perfect. It was. We will definitely be back!

Room tip: Upgrade to on of the few rooms with a balcony. Well worth it!
Date of stay: September 2016
Reviewed October 2, 2016

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at portrait for 1 night during our Italy trip. We had high expectations given it was referred by a friend and listed as the top hotel in Florence. The complimentary pickup at train station was a nice touch and I was able to leverage the concierge desk for dinner reservations. The check in process was rather simple and I really like the details in the room and how thoughtful the design was. The location is great as we were able to walk to everywhere and the buffet breakfast was nice. Although we got charged for an egg dish even thought on the menu it says it's all complimentary. I read some other reviews that people were contacted before the stay for pillow and candle scent preference and I never got that. I guess maybe it was because our stay was short. Overall, highly recommend the hotel for a romantic get away.

Date of stay: July 2016