If you are a first-time traveler to Italy, or a frequent visitor, the Residence Michelangiolo is the perfect and practical choice. We have just returned from our second trip to Italy and the Residence Michelangiolo proved to be as worthy of high praise on our most recent trip as our initial trip. The location permits one to stroll along the Arno River, the many piazzas of Florence, or to explore the Tuscany region in a day trip. The following is a list of reasons that we will return again to Residence Michelangiolo in future trips to Italy:
Hosts: As it is well documented in previous reviews, Angela and Cherubino are excellent hosts. During our stay they made reservations for our museum trips and local restaurants. They were always quick to provide advice and insight on our day trips. They greet their guests warmly upon arrival and continually make every effort to ensure your trip to Italy is a success. Within a short period of time you feel as though you have known both Angela and Cherubino for years.
Location: The Residence Michelangiolo is a 5-10 minute stroll across the Arno River to the main museums and monuments of Florence. Remaining on the same side of the Arno you can easily walk to Piazzale Michelangelo (a photographer's delight of the skyline of Florence), Palazzo Pitti, nearby restaurants and cafes, shops, ATMs and a pleasant stroll to Ponte Veccchio (Ask Angela to make reservations at the Golden View with a table providing a view of this famous bridge- besides great food and views this restaurant frequently has live jazz).
Lodging: We were traveling as two couples and we both were amazed at the value of the accommodations The rooms have high ceilings and they were immaculate. The beds were comfortable and each had its own refrigerator and in one room was a small kitchenette. The property is gated with easy access with your room key (Note: this area is very safe and we walked around at various hours with no issues).
Parking- Overall parking is a scarce commodity in Florence, however, the Residence Michelangiolo provides free parking.
Transportation: A block and half away you may easily access the bus system if you wish to forgo walking. Angela and Cherubino will make taxi reservations for you. If you are new to Florence you will find out quickly that taxis cannot be hailed from the street- you either must make a reservation or go to a marked taxi stop. In our most recent trip we took a taxi from the airport to RM and then returned to the airport car rental place to rent a car for our day trips. Cost of a taxi for four to or from the airport ranged from 25 to 31 Euro. We have discovered that a car is not really necessary (and not recommended) for Florence, but it does provide an exciting way to explore Tuscany. We also took a train to Rome for a quick visit as there are frequent trains between Florence and Rome. Walking is the preferred mode of transportation as you view the outdoor museum of Florence.
Miscellaneous: Your hosts will provide you with maps of the city and other information guides as needed. A selection of restaurants are available at the the front desk.
Bottom Line: If you are looking for a great location and a place where your hosts clearly understand the meaning of great service, then the Residence Michelangiolo is a great choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Michelangiolo welcomes you into a Liberty style Villa dating back to 1917, totally renewed with exquisite details that define the elegance and charme of long ago. The Residence is situated in one of the most exclusive and peaceful areas in Florence, on Viale Michelangiolo, which allows you to reach the historical center of the city with a few minutes pleasant walk. The Residence has 8 Superior room furnished whit every confort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Residence Michelangiolo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Michelangiolo Florence
- Residence Michelangiolo Hotel Florence