“Good quality-price relation”
Review of Hotel Crocini

Hotel Crocini
Ranked #96 of 409 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Good: The room was spacious with a comfortable bathroom. There were two computers available for free and also a printer which we used for our many vouchers. The breakfast was generous. The hotel personnel were always very kind and helpful. The quality-price relation is really good.

Not so good: It is not so centric, so in the evening we needed to walk a few blocks to find a restaurant. The LCD TV in our room didn’t have input connection, so we couldn’t plug our computer. Finally, one of the nights there was a large group of teenagers that were virtually partying in the common areas of the hotel, until late and the personnel did absolutely nothing about it, even after our complaints.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank maryflores
crocini, Proprietario at Hotel Crocini, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear maryflore thank you for your comment, it has been a pleasure to welcome you here :) Our FULL HD TV are locked in "hotel mode" to avoid guests changing the programs and to limit the maximum volume, this lock excludes the external connections, but the plugs are obviously present on the back and on the side: I could have unlocked the TV in 30 seconds if just asked, sorry! Next time you will be able to use our TV like a monitor, promised ;)
About the noise... that night there was a Europe League Soccer Match in Florence and we were full of supporters from Sweden, hard to let them be quiet... the other night I'm sure you had a quiet sleep as usual at the Crocini.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. The staff is so friendly and so ready to help you. It made our days here wonderful. Lorenzo told us to go to San Gigminano, a little town near Siena, which was probably one of the most beautiful places in Italy, and we even didn't know it existed until he told us about it. I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Florence.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Fio C
crocini, Proprietario at Hotel Crocini, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear Fio
thank you very much, it's really a pleasure to give good hints to my guests ;)
The Tuscan countryside is for sure one of the best places in the world where you can get lost with huge satisfactions like those you had in San Gimignano :)

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We recently stayed at Hotel Crocini and the hospitality was far beyond what we could have imagined. Lorenzo and his staff made our trip a wonderful memory. The accommodations, service, and fantastic breakfast bar with fresh cappucinos every morning were delightful! We had a very comfortable room with a boiler AND the LARGEST cleanest bathtub i have ever been in. After a day of walking all over Florence on sightseeing adventures a bubblebath was a welcomed repose. Lorenzos' helpful advice and restaurant suggestions were superb. Thank you so much Hotel Crocini for our stay. We loved it! We appreciate you and your many gifts of hospitality. God bless you all and your business.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rosemary P
crocini, Proprietario at Hotel Crocini, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Rosemary
thank you very much for your visit and for your review, I am really glad for your words :)
It's a big big big satisfaction, really :)
GRAZIE!!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

The Hotel Crocini is a basic hotel with superfriendly stuff. When I had a problem with the wifi they gave me another room and on my departure day they let me check out later, cuz the room was'nt booked that day. I'm very grateful for that, cuz I was tired and pregnant.

This hotel is really good for the low price and the breakfast is included.

Thank you!!!

/ Malin

Room Tip: Choose the rooms inside the main building..
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Malin
it has been a pleasure to help you, thank you for chosing Hotel Crocini :)
I look forward to welcome you again and... I hope to meet you new born baby!!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

After two full weeks of reasonable, comfortable accommodations all over Italy, I have to admit that we were expecting much more out of a stay for the price. The shower was incredibly tiny, the beds were uncomfortable, and the promised WiFi was intermittent at best. It was a hike from the city center and although reasonably priced, we just didn't feel like we got nearly the value we were promised. This hotel is saved from a 2 rating by its very friendly and accommodating staff -- they went out of their way to make this experience the best it could be -- and the on-site parking but we were decidedly underwhelmed by this place.

I recommend paying a bit more for a better night's sleep and a more convenient location in Florence.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Katie M
crocini, Proprietario at Hotel Crocini, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Katie M
the Crocini Staff is proud to have saved the Hotel!! :)
Thank you for your visit and for your feedback... unfortunatly I really can't move the hotel closer to the pedestrian area where I understand you would have liked been to be hoste - but actually being arrived in Florence by car you could have not... without many, believe me, many troubles and crazy valet parking rates - but I thank you very much for your comment and your other critics, I will do my best to improve the Hotel as I always do since 18 years I am running it, promised!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

The staff was so helpful and friendly. The rooms are in need of some updating but overall it was great! It is just off the river and within walking distance to the center and Firenze activity. We went dancing one night and when we got back the place was dark and locked up; we had to wake up the night man to get in. Great rate and exactly what we were looking for!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brenswag

Dear Brenswag,
thank you very much for your feedback :)
We offer a 24 hours service but at night, when we know that everybody is arrived and all the guests are back in their room and sleeping, we close the main door, just to avoid noises and people entering the palace without title :)
This is the reason why we kindly ask to alla our guests to leave their room keys at the reception when they are out, just to know who's in and who's out, your key was not here, that's all.... but we opened the doors to you anyway, sorry for the time you had to wait :)
We are very happy to read that we met your expectations!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights in October and were very pleased. The rooms are very large and are furnished with antique and /or collectible furniture. The breakfasts were outstanding! In addition, the staff was excellent. The hotel is situated on a quiet street, yet you can walk to the center of the city in 15 minutes.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Judy R
crocini, Proprietario at Hotel Crocini, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Judy R
We are very proud to read your review, meeting your expectations is our best satisfaction.
I look forward to welcome you again at the Crocini.