“Just ok” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Firenze Loft

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Florence
Firenze Loft
Ranked #193 of 295 Specialty Lodging in Florence
Toronto (GTA), Ontario, Canada
“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

We spent 3 nights at the Firenze Loft in and stayed in Space One (smaller loft apartment for two people). The best thing I have to say is Tommaso was very nice and helpful. Unfortunately the apartment was not as nice as we were expecting based on the photos on the website. I don't think the apartment is professionally cleaned after each use, as there were smears on the fridge and dust around the apartment, almost like someone tidied up in a hurry (which may have been the case since we booked this a day before we arrived).

As another review pointed out, no hair dryer, which is not what I would expect from a "fully furnished apartment" and we definitely heard the plumbing through the walls. The toilet was running non-stop so we had to keep the bathroom door closed to reduce the noise.

The main reason I would not stay here again is I did not like the area. Other than a really nice coffee shop across the street, I found the Santa Maria Novella area to be kind of grimey. If I return to Firenze I would likely stay in the Oltrarno neighbourhood (across the river).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dcaputi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

My wife and I just stayed 9 nights in Firenze and we rented the smaller loft apartment from Tommaso. The price was great and even though it is a loft apartment it is bigger than any hotel for the same price. The apartment was very clean, which is extremely important to us. The loft had wireless internet and digital tv (no english channels) i speak italian so for me it was not a problem. Tommaso was always available and just a phone call away. This apartment is located down the street from the Santa Maria Novella train station and on a busy street, we were worried about noise but you can not hear traffic noises in your apartment. We were very happy with the apartment.

Mille Grazie della famiglia Pace

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank luigipace
Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

We spent 3 nights at the Firenze Loft on our honeymoon. Tommaso was very kind to us and was there when we arrived to greet us. We didn't spend much time in Loft during our stay but it's very close to the train station and an easy walk to anywhere. A great value considering what you get staying in a regular hotel in Florence. We would definitely stay here again if we decide to come back to Florence.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Kweebs
Foggia, Italy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

I arrived in Florence to discover that the apartment I one was in was not the one I had rented. There was no hair dryer, no washing machine, one towel. When I asked for another towel I was told that I have already been give one. The apartment is not well furnished with kitchen utensils and definitely needs new pillows. Noisy neighbours and hearing every time someone flushed to toilet did not make for a good night sleep! Would not stay here again, especially for the price I was charged!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Dunedin, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

The loft was clean and well equipped but felt very confining with no outlook at all, the bed was also uncomfortable. To be honest the welcome and attitude of the owner was that we were just a nuisance and irritant in his life so we won't be back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
dubin, ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

A great 4th floor penthouse apartment. Fantastic views. Lovely neighbourhood. Very quiet. Very safe. Only 25 minutes to Piazza della Signoria. Very well maintained. Tommaso very helpful. Very big for one person Very expensive for one person. 4 Would be comfortable and more economical. No Lift. No washing machine.
Everything else perfect. I would have no hesitation is recommending this apartment. I will return to it when I am next in Florence.

Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Tokyo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

We love Firenze Loft. We have visited here at Firenze Loft with my family for three times and every time we visit we feel comfortable stay in Florence. The place where Firenze Loft is located is good to access the historical area of florence, train station and the market.

The room is large enought with our family, clean, silent and safety with internet access by wireless network. We can check travel infromation by iPad or computer easily.

One of our expectation to stay in Florence is to take a good food and wine. However our children is still little and difficult to find a good restraunt where we can enjoy with our little children however we do not worry about it. We can purchase exellent food and wine at the grand market and cook by ourselves in Firenze Loft. Firenze Loft fully equips cooking equipments and cutlery.

We will stay Firenze Loft next time we come to Florenze without fail.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family