“Brilliant!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 653 Florence B&B and Inns
London
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I cannot recommend this hotel enough. What a great find! The staff are lovely and very accommodating. The suits are modern, clean and very well equipped. When I visit Florence again I would not hesitate to stay here and have already recommended it to all my friends. If only they had more hotels around the world, how easy it would be as I would always stay with them!!!! Location was excellent, close to the Duomo, train station and supermarkets, so you can cook in the suite which is such a nice change from eating out all the time.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Xenica, Direttore at Residence Hilda, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you so much.
I promise that we will keep this standard and, if possible, will improve it.
Waiting for your return with us.

Warm regards,

Carlo

P.S. In addition to the supermarkets, there's a delicatessen shop at the corner with delicious Italian cheeses from small farms, special wines and barriqued beers and of course prosciutto, salame, etc.....just a suggestion for a very special meal in your Suite.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Greek first
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

we have visited Firenze quite many times. Stayed many kins of hotels and apartments. And now this is our favorite place to stay. It has a large space, everything you need, and a wonderful location. Nice reasonable local restaurants near by. The best thing is the staff member's hospitality. You will not regret!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 42. It has a bathtub.
Xenica, Manager at Residence Hilda, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
And we will do our best to be always up to your expectations and even more! We are growing and growing every year thanks to you and our other Guests that gave us many good suggestions and allowed us to be what we are.
Thank you so much and see you in a couple of months!

My best greetings for a wonderful 2013,

Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

We selected Residence Hilda for two reasons: space and location, but it offered so much more. Every staff member was pleasant, helpful, attentive. We stayed two delightful weeks in Suite 20, loved the street views and sounds of the neighborhood. Two nearby super markets (Conad and El Centro) and the laundromat across the street are great conveniences for apartment-style living. Literally every site is within a 20 minute walk, even the train station. We had been to Florence three other times, but this visit was magic and we put it all down to an extended stay at Residence Hilda. Try it, you'll never forget it.

Room Tip: They are all good. Street facing does have some noise but it's the sound of the most important...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Xenica, Manager at Residence Hilda, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your nice words!!! I am so happy that you liked our place and your Suite.
I really hope to have you back with us soon.

My best greetings for a Happy New Year,

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Amazing place, we'll be back for sure ! Everything were just perfect- room, location, stuff. Clean , quiet and yet so close to the center of Florence. Strongly recommend! Kitchen is fully equipped you can find everything you need, very comfy bed. I loved the hall decorating - really nice!

Room Tip: We had a room on a 4th floor - it was excellent
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Xenica, Manager at Residence Hilda, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Have you seen our Christmas decorations? I hope so. And every year we do something different so that our many returning Guests do not get bored.

Hope to have you back with us soon.

My best greetings for a happy New Year.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights ,everything is excellent
fantastic room very clean and modern,wonderful kitchen,comfortable bedroom
Location is perfect ,easy to walk
My wife and I love to stay here and recommend to everyone
We hope come back again in a near future
lovely place

Xenica, Owner at Residence Hilda, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Look forward to your return!!!!

My best greetings for a happy 2013.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a week and it hit the spot. The hotel is small - 12 rooms - and fairly new - in business 7 years. It is really well located with the Duomo at the end of the block, so most of the historic sights are within reasonable walking distance. (We did not have a car and were very happy not to. The flat fare taxi ride to/from the airport is 20 Euros.) The street is typically narrow and packed with parked cars; the side walks typically crowded and bustling. There are restaurants and grocery stores and miscellaneous shops on the street near the hotel. The area feels safe and we were not uncomfortable on the streets in the area at any time, day or night. The hotel staff is small, but multi-lingual,very helpful, friendly and professional. The front desk has limited times, but there was no inconvenience with the arrangement. The hotel was clean through out and the house keeping service always did an excellent job. Our room, a small suite really, had a hall way opening into a room with a kitchenette which was completely outfitted, flatware, pot/pans and a table with chairs. A comfortable bed room and modern bath room completed the arrangement. My wife and I would love to stay here again and would not hesitate to recommend to family and friends.

Room Tip: The rooms on the front of the hotel over look the street and tend not to be as quiet as those on the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Sir,
I've just read your review and I wish to thank you for your nice words.
Our reception has limited operating times, but you can ANYTIME (even 4 am) contact us by phone on the two emergency numbers on your keys and we will be on site in approximately 7 minutes (but we can also assit you by phone, opening remotely the front door or your Suite's door if you have locked you outside, calling taxis and reserving restaurants, etc.).
I look forward to your return with us and in the meanwhile I send you and your wife my best greeting for a happy 2013.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed here for three nights and highly recommend it for other travelers. The area between the train station and the hotel is a bit grimy, but the hotel is within a great area. You can look down the block and see Florence's famous Duomo. The hotel room was essentially an apartment, fully-equipped with everything you'd need to cook (from olive oil and salt, to plates and wine glasses, to oven mitts and pans). There is a supermarket one block away and I believe the hotel will also buy groceries for a fee. The bed was comfortable and the shower was nice and hot. In New York City I would have expected to pay $400+/night for this kind of hotel, so it was not only a great place to stay but a fantastic deal.

The desk staff were always very nice although I didn't have much interaction with them.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your reviews and I look forward to your return.

My best wishes for a Happy New Year,