“Lovely hotel, convenient location”
Review of Residence Hilda

Residence Hilda
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed here for three nights and highly recommend it for other travelers. The area between the train station and the hotel is a bit grimy, but the hotel is within a great area. You can look down the block and see Florence's famous Duomo. The hotel room was essentially an apartment, fully-equipped with everything you'd need to cook (from olive oil and salt, to plates and wine glasses, to oven mitts and pans). There is a supermarket one block away and I believe the hotel will also buy groceries for a fee. The bed was comfortable and the shower was nice and hot. In New York City I would have expected to pay $400+/night for this kind of hotel, so it was not only a great place to stay but a fantastic deal.

The desk staff were always very nice although I didn't have much interaction with them.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Xenica, Manager at Residence Hilda, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your reviews and I look forward to your return.

My best wishes for a Happy New Year,

Carlo

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights, and would definitely stay again the next time we're in Florence. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and the suite was very modern and clean. The location is perfect, centrally located and within easy walk to every major site. Great stay in Florence, highly recommended! Wifi was also strong and fast.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

And we look forward to your return!!!

Thanks so much for your nice words.

Happy New year!

Carlo

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I usually mistrust glowing reviews and am not inclined to write when everything was more or less fine. However this place and, especially the people who run it deserve a special appreciation.

I stayed for 8 nights in a superior apartment on the third floor. It was very quiet, well equipped, with understated elegance in furnishing and design.

Valentina, Marzanna and Duka at the reception desk are real treasures and seem were able to do just anything you might ask.

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Superior rooms are better laid out and have more spacious bathrooms with a tub
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank An_Alien
Xenica, Direttore at Residence Hilda, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Sir,

so glad to hear you were happy with us and that the staff assisted you properly. Hope to have you with us again soon.

My warmest regards,

Carlo Vigiani
(persimmons were from my garden, I personally take care of my fruits and my old English roses, 92 in total at the moment)

Reviewed October 28, 2012

On this, my 2th visit to Florence, I stayed at Residence Hilda for 3 nights. It was perfect and I will definitely stay there again. It was affordably priced, and I had a nicely furnished, large and spotlessly clean apartment. The staff was very helpful and the groceries I requested were in my apartment when I arrived. The location was great for the city center tourist spots, and near bus lines that easily got me out to other parts of the city.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jan202

....and I hope to have you again with us soon!
So nice to had you back. Thank you so much for your nice words.

My warmest regards,

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Disclaimer: my fiance and I got engaged in our apartment at Residence Hilda, so it will of course hold special memories for us for a long time to come.

That said, this was the perfect place for us to stay in Florence! The staff are extremely warm and accommodating. Well before we arrived, Valentina helped us book one of the most amazing food tour experiences I've ever had, and she and other staff helped with excellent dinner recommendations (we ate our way through the city, which is the best way to do it, in my opinion).

The building is charming, in excellent condition, and our apartment was spacious and gorgeous -- I would have stayed for a month if I could have. I believe there are only 12 apartments, which makes it feel like your home, rather than a hotel. Being in an apartment with a kitchen allowed us to buy fresh food from the central market and cook, which we did a few times.

The location is also ideal -- two blocks from the Duomo and central to everything in Florence.

This is not the cheapest option in Florence (nor the most expensive), but in my opinion, by far the best. I don't think I'd stay in a hotel in Europe again after this experience. We will definitely be back and will refer Residence Hilda to anyone we know going to Florence.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Just read your review and knew about your engagement: my sincerest congratulations!!!! Now we had 3 babies (mums delivered urgently to the hospital to give birth to their beautiful babies, perfectly on time with the forecasts) and one engagement!
Really hope to have you back with us so that we can celebrate you! Maybe as a married couple next time?...:-)
My best best wishes for your life together.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

This little haven is all that it promises to be, we stayed in the Classic Suite and it was fabulous. The interior finishes and layout of the 'mini apartment' was great. the kitchenette is very well deisgned and provides you with everything that you could possibly need. Location couldn't be better. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We couldn't have chosen a better place to stay in Florence and would definitely go back there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Xenica, Direttore at Residence Hilda, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you so so much for your nice words.
Hope to have you back with us.

My warm regards,

Reviewed October 9, 2012

The location of the hotel was excellent. We walked everywhere. We chose the Classic suite. When we entered the room our hearts lifted. It was roomier and better appointed than we had expected. It has a well appointed kitchenette. The room was exceptionally quiet. The staff were very helpful. We would be definitely staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

And we look forward to your return!

My warm regards,