“Charming & Cozy B&B (C&C B&B :))”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Locandiera

La Locandiera
Ranked #75 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Santa Clara, California
“Charming & Cozy B&B (C&C B&B :))”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

This B&B has a great location from where you can walk to most of Firenze's attractions including the train station. My husband & I spent 4 great nights of our Italian vacation at this place. We would be sure to check in there again in our next trip. This review wouldn't be complete without highlighting Sylvia's hospitality. She had great advice on restaurants, places to visit & routes to take on our drive through Tuscany.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Smriti J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Sylvia proved to be an excellant hostess.....rooms are clean and very comfortable....breakfast was always delivered on time and abundant....I am the Jim referred to in mariap1919's review....there is nothing I can add to that, other than to say "Thank you" to my angel in Florence...without Sylvia and her help I would have been in a very confusing situation as I did not speak Italian, nor did my travel companion. She was at the hospital whenever needed and made sure that I was discharged in time to continue my trip. Also, the location is excellant, a short walk from the train staition and an easy walk to all the attraactions in Florence.

Room Tip: any room would be very nice..........the large three bed room was ideal for us as a friend from Engl...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank jiminpr
Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed at La Locandiera for 4 nights and we love Florence. The location is good, convenient by foot from train station and to the verious main attractions at Florence. The room is clean and cosy, and most importantly, the hostess, Silvia, is very friendly and helpful. She took care of our breakfast, attended to our request, helped to book our day-tour and even took extra effort in sending me my make-up pouch to Verona, which was left behind at the B&B. Thank you Silvia!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JoeyYang
san juan, puerto rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

First of all, great B&B (we used to call them pensione) lovely accomodations and decor; amazing location.
Now the important part: My friend had a medical emergency during his stay in Florence and had to be rushed to thee hospital.
Sylvia was at his side since he did not speak italian. She made sure he had everything he needed and was getting the best care possible. Sylvia went further. She contacted friends and family in the US To make sure that we were aware of the situation And knew that Jim was doing well. She kept us updated every step of the way. She helped him change his reservations and even arranged for a special car to take him to the airport in Rome. I cannot say enough about this wonderful woman Her wonderful hotel And the great care they gave my friend Jim. Mille Grazie, Sylvia! !!

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank mariap1919
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

The location is very close to the train station and the sita bus station, room is clean, breakfast served in the room is delicious(especially homemade cake made by silvia's mom, my wife loves it!). Silvia is an outstanding hostess makes us feel at home. We stayed 3 nights at La Locandiera it was one of the best hotel of our Italy travel and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wilbur1982
Silvia B, Owner at La Locandiera, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you .. Thank you .. Thank you .. I really appreciate your words and also my mum, she was very happy that you liked so much her cake..!!
I really hope to see you next time you come to Florence, was very nice talking to you..

Ciao, see you soon
Silvia
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I chose this hotel due to the price and the great reviews it has received. I have to say I wasn’t disappointed. We were met by the lovely Sylvia and immediately made to feel very welcome. As described the hotel was literally 5 minutes from the train station. The room was spotlessly clean with a large window opening onto a courtyard. Loved having breakfast served directly to the room each morning and it was bang on time every day. Yes the shower was snug as has been previously commented on but it really wasn’t a problem, although a shelf in there would have been beneficial. All in all we loved our stay at La Locandiera and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank howardangel
Silvia B, Owner at La Locandiera, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Thank you very much for your review and for the compliments which is always nice to receive, I always try to make unforgettable the stay of my clients, bringing home a precious souvenir also of the city because I think a good stay means enjoy more my wonderful city, Florence.
I'm sorry for the shower, I know that is a bit small but I can not enlarge it, I tried to put small shelves to put the bottles of shampoo and shower gel on but unfortunately those that I found gave more trouble (some customers moved everywhere in the shower, some others took them away!), but I'm still looking for something that will equalize the small size of the shower .....!
Thanks for the comments because they help me to get better and better.
Hope to see you again soon.
Silvia
Bern, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Really enjoyed the stay. Not really usual bed and breakfast clients and decided to try this one due to location and good reviews. Very happy with the choice.

Sylvia was great and the level of service was high. Good information provided both prior to and during stay.

It was very hot in Florence the days we were there and while the air-conditioner was doing its best would have liked a couple of degrees cooler, but was not to the point of being a problem. The bathroom got extremely hot at times though.

Breakfast in the room was fantasic. Even decided to order a sample menu from the restaurant La Grotta di Leo, They offered the whole menu as take out. It was only 5 minutes away and mini-market for drinks right next door. The dining table in our large triple room was put to good use.

Will go back as solo traveler in off season and this will be my first choice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family